Re: [Hybrid] If they find the right samples...

  • propellerheadcase
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
      Yep, nothing like sampling a popular movie s/t to get you some
      airplay.

      Also, bear in mind, that for the most part (and I know it's not the
      case with the upcoming Hybrid album) "pop" acts generally produce an
      album and lift singles from it were dance and metal acts often put
      out several singles, maybe even an EP before putting an album out. A
      case of the tail wagging the dogs food-bowl, methinks.

      --- In HybridUK@y..., Stuart Bruce <breaks@a...> wrote:
      "Also, the Jakatta track benefitted from the "American Beauty"
      connection, which was an instant way to boost its radio play."

      "Basically that plan is *far* too short- it's rare for anybody other
      than an A-list act (Kylie Minogue-sized) to get three singles, an
      album, *and* a rereleased album with bonus mixes out within 12
      months..."