Ayumi Hamasaki CD single

  • Mike Henderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2002
      Howdy,

      I finally got the Ayumi Hamasaki CD single today w/ the Hyrbid mixes of
      Teddy Bear. Good stuff! Although the need to produce a separate
      "instrumental" version seemed interesting, given that the standard Hybrid
      Club mix is almost completely devoid of lyrics... but anyway, it's good.

      However, I gotta say I also REALLY like the Orb mixes of End Of The World on
      that disc! I'm not a big fan of Orb's/Patterson's mixes, in general, but I
      quite like these.

      One last rambling: Japanese CD packaging seems often far more interesting
      than US/Europe. I've received JP imports of several discs and they often
      come in really thoughtfully-done packaging. For example, this single comes
      in an lp-style plastic slip, inside a nice translucent PVC plastic slipcase,
      which is then in a heavy cardboard external slipcase. The package also
      includes two info cards about the CD itself, and a "Post-It-Note"-type
      sticker on the front with more info. All this for a single. Groovy. (I'm
      easily impressed.)

      Mike