Re: [Hybrid] Happy Christmas all :-)

  • TDawg2K@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2001
      Thank you very much........& a happy holiday's to everyone out there.

      Spread the joy........pass dat sh*t.
    • phil.stewart@lichp.co.uk
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2001
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > Got a Christmas pressy for you all - three mp3s are
        > currently sitting on my linux box which is holding a nice ADSL connection
        down
        > in London.

        Doh! Just pinged the address and there's no reply. I'm currently entertaining
        three possibilities:

        1) The line's dropped and the server's automatically reconnected, but I have no
        idea of the new IP (worse still, if there's been a power cut the box will not
        have fully reinitialised ...). Um, the stuff is still there to download, but
        until I get back to London I have no idea what the new IP is (if any). I don't
        get back til the 30th, so there's nothing I can do for a few days ... sorry :-(

        2) I'm hopeful that it may just be the connection I'm using at the moment, i.e.
        that ntl and BT (probably the two most major telecoms / internet providers in
        the UK, for those living outside) are displaying above-average levels of
        muppetry in their operations and have managed to lose the ability to
        communicate with each other. I just pinged www.btinternet.com and it too was
        dead.

        3) In light of above evidence, the whole of BT internet could be down. It
        happened last month, so maybe it's happened again :P

        If anyone is having any problems then those would be the likely reasons. If
        someone out there is still having success then do confirm it :-)

        --
        From Phil
        Looks like chrimbo pressy might turn into new year pressy, sorry :o)
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 30, 2001
          From: <phil.stewart@...>
          > Got a Christmas pressy for you all - the August Galaxy Set, ripped from CD
          and
          > available in 192k stereo, 128k stereo, and 64k mono. The three mp3s are
          > currently sitting on my linux box which is holding a nice ADSL connection
          down
          > in London.

          Forget earlier post about dead server - the connection dropped but
          reconnocted:

          > [old] address: 217.39.149.131

          ^^^ New address now 217.39.163.100 ^^^

          --
          From Phil
          Now back in the capital

          [[[jason says: for those of you who are ftp illiterate, you can connect via internet explorer by using the url: ftp://anon:burn1n@217.39.149.131
          ]]]
        • Phil Stewart
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2001
            From: "Phil Stewart" <phil.stewart@...>

            > [[[jason says: for those of you who are ftp illiterate, you can connect
            via internet explorer by using the url: ftp://anon:burn1n@217.39.149.131
            > ]]]

            Experimentation has found the relevant url to the directory is

            ftp://anon:burn1n@217.39.163.100/home/anon/

            The following links should therefore connect to each of the relevant mp3s

            192kbps Aug Galaxy set

            ftp://anon:burn1n@217.39.163.100/home/anon/Hybrid%20-%201%20hr%20Radio%20Mix
            %20August%202001%20[192].mp3

            128k

            ftp://anon:burn1n@217.39.163.100/home/anon/Hybrid%20-%201%20hr%20Radio%20Mix
            %20August%202001%20[128].mp3

            64k mono

            ftp://anon:burn1n@217.39.163.100/home/anon/Hybrid%20-%201%20hr%20Radio%20Mix
            %20August%202001%20[64].mp3

            Other nicities may make their way to this ftp at some point in the future,
            but due to a lack of disk space I'll wait until everyone's got the galaxy
            set first ...

            --
            From Phil
          • TDawg2K@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
              Did someone take the files off? It doesn't show up in CuteFTP, just some
              other type of files.