Re: [Hybrid] BT4th album

  • Dan Stapleton
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 24, 2001
      --- vinnie970 <vinnie970@...> wrote:

      > No offense to anyone on this list, but maybe you're
      > beginning to
      > understand that, like Hybrid, some of their fans
      > have tunnel vision.

      vince, the above was an attempt at humour, stemming
      from the cynicism (picking up spelling errors in BT's
      e-mail? please) of some facets of this list. i think
      it's ironic to say i have tunnel vision regarding BT,
      when you show a huge degree of the aformentioned
      tunnel vision when it comes to Way Out West. i don't
      have tunnel vision - i just happen to deeply respect
      and admire Brian. i don't think BT is above criticism
      though, and i've levelled criticism at him a number of
      times. BUT, i think ANYONE who has their livelihood
      stolen deserves unconditional sympathy. you're trying
      to stir shit here, when it's not needed.

      dan

      =====
      So then I thought I'd make some plans
      But fire thought she'd really rather be water instead.
      -Tori Amos
    • Dana Franks
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 24, 2001
        Vince, I'd hate to see your reaction if some of the stuff that has been said
        about Brian in the last few days were said about Nick or Jody. Don't start
        talking about "tunnel vision."

        Face it - this man had a horrible thing happen to him and the most that a
        lot of people can do is make fun of his spelling and judge him on the state
        of his backups. Get a life and a heart.

        > > yeah: you diss BT, fine - but be prepared for Dan
        > > Craig and Dan Stapleton to break your thumbs! :P
        >

        >No offense to anyone on this list, but maybe you're beginning to
        >understand that, like Hybrid, some of their fans have tunnel vision.
        >
        >VH.
      • propellerheadcase
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 25, 2001
          --- In HybridUK@y..., "vinnie970" <vinnie970@y...> wrote:
          >No offense to anyone on this list, but maybe you're beginning to
          >understand that, like Hybrid, some of their fans have tunnel vision.

          ...and others have cataracts.
        • vinnie970
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 25, 2001
            > > No offense to anyone on this list, but maybe you're
            > > beginning to
            > > understand that, like Hybrid, some of their fans
            > > have tunnel vision.
            >
            > vince, the above was an attempt at humour, stemming
            > from the cynicism (picking up spelling errors in BT's
            > e-mail? please) of some facets of this list. i think
            > it's ironic to say i have tunnel vision regarding BT,
            > when you show a huge degree of the aformentioned
            > tunnel vision when it comes to Way Out West. i don't
            > have tunnel vision - i just happen to deeply respect
            > and admire Brian. i don't think BT is above criticism
            > though, and i've levelled criticism at him a number of
            > times. BUT, i think ANYONE who has their livelihood
            > stolen deserves unconditional sympathy. you're trying
            > to stir shit here, when it's not needed.

            get a clue and actually read the msg first...I was talking about
            Hybrid, not BT.
          • vinnie970
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 26, 2001
              SIGH, Dan & Dana...lemme' explain. This is obviously a Hybrid fan
              list, so I know I'll end up offending some here.

              "Originator: No offense to anyone on this list, but maybe you're
              beginning to
              understand that, like Hybrid, some of their fans have tunnel vision.

              VH."

              This was a response to you, Dan. Wasn't it a small number of HYBRID
              fans who you found to be so cold about this travesty that has
              befallen BT? Don't take that statement above as one that is
              pigeonholing you as someone with tunnel vision, because that's not
              what was intended. Also, please don't take the opportunity to make
              it apply to me either...as much as I love the sound of WOW, there are
              imperfect moments *shock horror* and I actually have a listening
              palette that spans beyond their productions and remixes (I AM a DJ
              after all...for instance, the new FC Kahuna "Hayling" is a masterful
              vocal downtempo track that's currently got me swooning).

              Finally, my message above was in response to you, Dan. I was not
              speaking about you and other supportive BT fans in any underhanded
              way, implying you had tunnel vision. I was attributing this "tunnel
              vision" to those Hybrid fans who showed no apparent concern or dismay
              in what happened to BT's studio or livelihood. I don't mean to
              accuse, but my observations lead me to believe that the same people
              who were being cold-hearted towards BT are the same ones who think
              Hybrid can do no wrong. This could also be attributed to the fact
              that they didn't realize the brevity of the situation, how much was
              lost, or that the news was even authentic. Lastly, it may not be
              fair or even valid to relate these attributes, but it is a relation I
              made in haste, and I still feel it holds at least some weight.

              Now I'm sure I've gone from pissing off BT fans to infuriating Hybrid
              fans, but so be it. ;) I couldn't let this misunderstanding develop
              any further w/out an explanation.

              Vince

              [[[ Ally says: Erm...can you boys continue the argument off-list please? Ta. ]]]
            • propellerheadcase
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 26, 2001
                --- In HybridUK@y..., "vinnie970" <vinnie970@y...> wrote:
                >...as much as I love the sound of WOW, there are imperfect moments
                >*shock horror* and I actually have a listening palette that spans
                >beyond their productions and remixes (I AM a DJ after all...for
                >instance, the new FC Kahuna "Hayling" is a masterful vocal downtempo
                >track that's currently got me swooning).

                WOW? Fallible? Surely not!:p DJs can be the worst music snobs and
                can have narrower listening ranges than the people they play to - but
                I'm sure everyone takes your point. That FC Kahuna tune sounds nice -
                heard 'Flame' by Crustation?

                >This could also be attributed to the fact that they didn't realize
                >the brevity of the situation, how much was lost, or that the news was
                >even authentic."

                Brevity? Gravity, surely.

                >Ally says: Erm...can you boys continue the argument off-list please?
                >Ta.

                I second the motion.
              • vinnie970
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 27, 2001
                  > >This could also be attributed to the fact that they didn't realize
                  > >the brevity of the situation, how much was lost, or that the news
                  was
                  > >even authentic."
                  >
                  > Brevity? Gravity, surely.

                  Right, another error made in haste.

                  > >Ally says: Erm...can you boys continue the argument off-list
                  please?
                  > >Ta.
                  >
                  > I second the motion.

                  I'm done, I just had to clear up a misunderstanding.
                • Shane Clark
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 27, 2001
                    Vince we all love you. I have no idea why you are ever misunderstood.

                    ~Shane

                    www.bt-network.org