Re: If I Survive video/Enjoy the Silence

  • Ashraf El-Sayed
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2001
      :( nobodys thanked me for the video...Just kidding. I'm glad everyone
      got to see it anyway.

      as for Enjoy the silence, i d/loaded it from ag. It's ok-got the @enjoy
      the silence' riff. anyway, who the hell is Wolff? and if he's so good,
      why doesn't he join Hybrid? don't the others like him?
    • Ashraf El-Sayed
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
        It's not like saying that at all-Wolff is credited in many tracks with
        Mike, so why doesn't he just join Hybrid and name the artist of the
        track as simply "hybrid"...I mean a lot of tracks/mixes are done by
        just Mike, but are still "hybrid" mixes.

        > > as for Enjoy the silence, i d/loaded it from ag. It's ok-got the
        > @enjoy> the silence' riff. anyway, who the hell is Wolff? and if
        > he's so good,
        > > why doesn't he join Hybrid? don't the others like him?
        >
        > Erm, I don't think he's not part of the band just because the
        > others don't
        > like him!
        > That's like saying they're good mates with Sasha, so why doesn't
        > Sasha join
        > Hybrid.
      • Stuart Bruce
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
          On Thu 06 Dec, Ashraf El-Sayed wrote:

          > It's not like saying that at all-Wolff is credited in many tracks with
          > Mike, so why doesn't he just join Hybrid and name the artist of the
          > track as simply "hybrid"...I mean a lot of tracks/mixes are done by
          > just Mike, but are still "hybrid" mixes.

          Why *should* Darren(?) Wolff abandon putting his own name on his
          work/collaborations and put them out under Mike's "Hybrid" name, when he
          doesn't work with (or as) Hybrid regularly, he's not a part of the
          Hybrid set-up, he wasn't involved with the Hybrid album...[*]

          There's no reason why the name "Hybrid" should be used as an
          'umbrella'-type name to cover lots of different people. In fact I'm glad
          it's not, because that would lead to a dilution of the name. 'Truman &
          Wolff' mixes do *not* sound like 'Hybrid' mixes, and the difference in
          name helps distinguish them.

          Mike Truman may 'own' the name Hybrid but that's not a reason why he
          should apply it to everything he ever works on.

          And incidentally, aren't most of the Truman & Wolff mixes quite old now?
          (have there been any recent ones?). Which maybe implies that Mike and
          Darren Wolff don't work together much, or at all, any more anyway.

          Stuart.

          *- I haven't checked the small print on this, could be wrong?

          --
          Stuart Bruce
          stuart@...