Music Videos (was: re: If I Survive Video)

  • ally@hybrid-group.co.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2001
      > I can't actually put Real Player on my machine, so never played it.
      > Completely forgot it was there till you said that.

      Actually...come to think of it...I hardly ever see ANY music videos.

      I never used to have MTV till recently, when I switched from cable to
      digital. I don't watch it much now though either.

      Was there a video for Finished Symphony?
      This is the first time I've really thought about music videos ar all....

      Ally
    • Jon Abbott
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2001
        You don't know what you're missing Ally!

        Some video's just make the tracks, for example "Fatboy Slim - Weapon of
        Choice", "Push - Strange World", "BT - Mercury and Solace". All are
        masterpieces that set the mood of the track. I never figured out
        "Mercury and Solace", until I saw the video.

        Admittedly most video's ("If I Survive" included) are completely
        pointless and do nothing for the track.

        And who can forget "Mr Oizo - Flat Beat" - pure genious! "Ferry Corsten
        - Cry 2001" is quite good too, a bit lad orientated though. You can
        download it from his website.

        Or, am I getting too arty farty!!!

        Jon

        >Actually...come to think of it...I hardly ever see ANY music videos.
        >
        >I never used to have MTV till recently, when I switched from cable to
        >digital. I don't watch it much now though either.
      • kiss the sun and walk on air
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2001
          On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 08:18:11PM -0000, Jon Abbott wrote:
          > Some video's just make the tracks, for example "Fatboy Slim - Weapon of
          > Choice", "Push - Strange World", "BT - Mercury and Solace". All are
          > masterpieces that set the mood of the track. I never figured out
          > "Mercury and Solace", until I saw the video.
          >
          > Admittedly most video's ("If I Survive" included) are completely
          > pointless and do nothing for the track.

          Where do you see these videos?!
          -pete

          --
          (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://pobox.com/~osi
          jabber/ osi@... - icq/ 153025 - aim/ osifx - yahoo/ osi_fx
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001
            God, what have I started here!

            Well, most of these videos where played on MTV and MTV2 prior to actual
            release. You can download videos from a few locations on the net,
            usually they're streamed so you have to get a copy of "ASFRecorder" to
            save them if you want to watch the Broadband versions:

            http://video.artistdirect.com/
            http://launch.yahoo.com/musicvideos/

            I'm afraid the only way of getting decent copies of them though is to
            grab them direct from Satallite. At least artists are now starting to
            put videos on CD singles (although they haven't yet grasped the concept
            of how to encode them properly!), I've got quite a few videos of late
            that way.

            Alternatively, there's a couple of IRC channels dedicated to music
            videos (#musikvideos for one), and there's also a couple of Usenet
            groups that have them (can't remember which of the top of my head).

            Jon