Re: [Hybrid] Gatecrasher In Sydney

  • Daniel Craig
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
      The singer for the Way Out West live show you're wondering about was
      Tricia Lee, and as an added bonus just two days ago the plane Tricia and
      Jody (yes, that was just Jody) flew to Australia on was in danger of a
      very nearly crashing shortly before landing. And according to another
      person who went to Gatecrasher they said that Jody also at least played
      Ajare at some point and he finished the set with Domination. Just so
      you know, it wasn't just Intensify stuff. :0)

      DC
    • DJ Deep
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001

        A plane in danger of crashing in Australia and it wasn't on the news...thats
        pretty rare for international flights..it even gets on the news if something
        minor happened...Was it a commercial flight or charter?

        > And according to another
        > person who went to Gatecrasher they said that Jody also at least played
        > Ajare at some point and he finished the set with Domination. Just so
        > you know, it wasn't just Intensify stuff. :0)

        Ah cool well i couldnt pick any of the non vocal tracks because as i
        mentioned the bass was slightly overpowering and unfortunately drowned out a
        lot of the music (wasnt as bad for the dj sets for some reason the live
        setup was a bit different...) And ive heard/read a fair bit about Ajare
        lately looks like im gonna have to hunt it down for a listen :)

        Cheers,
        DJ Deep
      • vinnie970
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
          --- In HybridUK@y..., "DJ Deep" <djdeep@i...> wrote:
> [...]

          I heard it WAS all over the news...I don't remember the flight
          number, but there was a catastrophic engine failure which resulted in
          the flight being returned to the airport. Also, it apparently took
          off in Melbourne and was headed to Sydney (or something to that
          effect...it wasn't quite an international flight). The pilot
          returned to the airport of origin not far into the flight when the
          engine failed.

          > > And according to another
          > > person who went to Gatecrasher they said that Jody also at least
          played
          > > Ajare at some point and he finished the set with Domination.
          Just so
          > > you know, it wasn't just Intensify stuff. :0)
          > >
          > Ah cool well i couldnt pick any of the non vocal tracks because as i
          > mentioned the bass was slightly overpowering and unfortunately
          drowned out a
          > lot of the music (wasnt as bad for the dj sets for some reason the
          live
          > setup was a bit different...) And ive heard/read a fair bit about
          Ajare
          > lately looks like im gonna have to hunt it down for a listen :)

          ah, sorry to hear the bass drowned out the musical aspects. I've
          heard from a few other witnesses that it was one of the best
          electronic acts they'd witnessed live...anyhow, you're missing out if
          you don't have Way out West's debut...eponymously titled with tracks
          that I've mentioned here before ("The Gift," "Ajare," "Domination,"
          etc.)