Gatecrasher In Sydney

  • DJ Deep
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2001
      Just a quick review of the Gatecrasher event i been so excited about going
      to :)
      Two Word Summary: Awesome & Tiring
      Two Word Summary of Hybrid: Bitter Sweet

      Favourite Setlist: Armin Van Buuren

      Favourite Tracks That I Recognized:
      Hybrid: Sarah McLachlan - Fear (Hybrid Remix)
      BeXta: BeXta - Music Makers
      Armin: Perpetuous Dreamer - Sound Of Goodbye (Armin Remix) (thats guessing
      of the top of my head :)
      Scott Bond: Praetorian - Released
      Way Out West: Mindcirus

      Best Live Set: BeXta & Way Out West

      Best Atmosphere: Scott Bond & De La Soul

      Best Set Overall: Scott Bond

      Hybrid: Like i said above Bitter Sweet...
      Sweet because i finally got to experience them djing and their set was
      amazing as usual although i came in a little late second track i heard was
      Fear which sounded fucken amazing on that system :) I didnt recognise any
      other tracks they played though except for Everything In It's Right Place at
      the end.
      Bitter because they were on so friggin early...being so early it was
      basically empty...due to the time and the size of the arena and thus the
      atmosphere/vibe wasnt quite there...I'm not blaming anyone here just saying
      that it was dissapointing (they did it because they had to fly up to
      Brisbane to do a gig later the same night i believe). I just hope they come
      back soon for another DJ Set or even better a Live Performance :)

      Way Out West: As far as i could tell only one member was there and im
      guessing it was Jody (he had long hair). Played some great tracks although
      the only ones i could recognise where off the Intensify album, im not sure
      who the singer was but the fact that the bass kept droning out her singing
      was dissapointing.

      Nitpick: Half way through Scott Bonds set they put up 'DJ Tiesto' on the
      main screen and i thought we where going to be in for a friggin huge
      surprise or somethign lol turns out they just stuffed up.

      Miscellaneous: Sorry for starting that strange argument about drinks but id
      just like to note that i didnt end up requiring anything more than plenty of
      water and a single can of coca-cola at about 3am :) In the end it was my
      legs that gave way before i grew tired...i dont think ill be able to walk
      much for the next week... atleast i know now what it feels like to be up at
      5am having fun and not working on assignment :) Now i just have to convince
      my friends to go clubbing a bit more often...although in the morning one of
      them said theyve had enough clubbing in one day to last them a couple months
      lol.

      Ok sorry for some rambling but i just felt like sharing my first ever true
      clubbing eperience :)

      Cheers,
      DJ 'I Can Barely Move My Legs' Deep