Re: [Hybrid]

  • jason.parker1@jcu.edu.au
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2001
      Sorry Tim, couldn't read it all...was getting too depressed...god I hate it
      when self-righteous ppl get on thier box and start whining about the fun-loving
      public...which is pretty much what that article looks like....thank god MOST of
      the ppl in Australia are a little more chilled then that...well least in my
      experince

      >All - I know that this mailing group is about Hybrid but I would like to
      >for everyone to know about the things that are happening in my town. Austin,
      >TX is known for its live music and freedom of expression. Unfortunately a
      >turn of events has led up to this article and actions being taken by the
      >local/state/federal law enforcements. This affects me because even tho
      >legitimate business people are running clubs, would be targeted and shut
      >down. This makes it hard for anyone to put up money to bring in acts like
      >Hybrid(my all time fav) and other dj's/live PA's. I know this article isn't
      >based on Hybrid persay, but it is because my fav producers/dj's may not come
      >to my town again.
      >Tim

      On an unrelated topic...

      >Ally, :0)
      > Im up for meeting up before hand but theres not many nice bars near Tib
      >Street! Any suggestions? Ive got Blonde shoulder length hair and be wearing
      >some clothes.
      >Nicole x

      Clothes this time nicole?....well thats good to see ;)
    • jason.parker1@jcu.edu.au
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
        Ah I just came across this mix, Mike Koglin vs Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
        (Truman &Wolff Mix)...it appears to be Mike Truman teaming up with Darren(?)
        Wolff again as on Blackout - gotta have hope, and Come again...
        anyone else heard this?

        Jay..
      • Jitesh Mistry
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2001
          > Ah I just came across this mix, Mike Koglin vs Depeche Mode - Enjoy The
          > Silence
          > (Truman &Wolff Mix)...it appears to be Mike Truman teaming up with Darren(?)
          >
          > Wolff again as on Blackout - gotta have hope, and Come again...
          > anyone else heard this?

          Is this the same one that Matt Darey remixed, as Tekara? I've got the Tekara
          Mix, and it may well be a similar track, I found it shared over my local
          network, but no Truman mix there.

          Later,
          Jits.
        • kiss the sun and walk on air
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2001
            > Is this the same one that Matt Darey remixed, as Tekara? I've got the Tekara
            > Mix, and it may well be a similar track, I found it shared over my local
            > network, but no Truman mix there.

            Its a different mix. I have the Truman & Wolff mix on the vinyl pack I
            have for the Silence, but its not on the CD5. Good stuff :)
            -pete

            --
            (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://pobox.com/~osi
            jabber/ osi@... - icq/ 153025 - aim/ osifx - yahoo/ osi_fx
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2001
              The remix you're both on about is:
              Mike Koglin - The Silence (Truman & Wolff's Silent Treatment mix) (7:20
              mins)

              It's the same track, two different mixes. Matt Darey's mix (aka "Tekara
              mix"), is 8:28.

              Jon

            • ally@hybrid-group.co.uk
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2001
                Sorry - DJ set only.

                No live gigs till the new album is finished (march-ish next year)

                Ally

                > Does anyone know if the Hybrid gig in the RedBox in dublin on the 29th is
                > live or a dj gig?Having seen both before I'd much rather see them play
                live
                > again, especially in a club as good as the RedBox.But even a dj set is
                quite
                > welcome over here!
                > Sean
                >
                > [As Ally would probably point out if she had got to this post before I
                did, Hybrid have said that they won't be doing live sets again for the time
                being, until the new material is ready and so on, so the RedBox appearance
                is likely to be a DJ set.- Stuart].
              • jason.parker1@jcu.edu.au
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 17, 2002
                  [[[ Ally says: Jason, I editted out the top sentence of this mail. you'll know why! ]]]

                  anyhow...better late then ever...about nubreed...
                  they also got songs called 'd.zire' which i acquired on ag
                  plus 'rock da city', 'solid', 'pain', nubreed vs. scritti politti..'Absolutely
                  chopped' sonic animation - i think im human (nubreed and phil k mix) and free
                  radicals - summer breeze (nubreed mix)