Austin, Texas - Music Threatened?

  • tim_bolding@dell.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2001
      All - I know that this mailing group is about Hybrid but I would like to
      for everyone to know about the things that are happening in my town. Austin,
      TX is known for its live music and freedom of expression. Unfortunately a
      turn of events has led up to this article and actions being taken by the
      local/state/federal law enforcements. This affects me because even tho
      legitimate business people are running clubs, would be targeted and shut
      down. This makes it hard for anyone to put up money to bring in acts like
      Hybrid(my all time fav) and other dj's/live PA's. I know this article isn't
      based on Hybrid persay, but it is because my fav producers/dj's may not come
      to my town again.

      Tim

      http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2001-11-16/music_feature.html