Hybrid in Australia

  • ally@hybrid-group.co.uk
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2001
      For all you Aussies that have asked me if Hybrid are playing anywhere
      else while they are in Australia...I'm afraid they aren't.

      The jammy @*$£(!.

      Ally
    • DJ Deep
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2001
        DOOOOHHHH :(
        Just got the timetable for the gatecrasher event and looks like theyre'
        first up pretty early in the day (1PM)...just hope i can make it there in
        time cause was planning to go in a bit later....i've heard from the
        melbourne event that only one of them was djing? If so who?

        Cheers,
        DJ Deep

        > For all you Aussies that have asked me if Hybrid are playing anywhere
        > else while they are in Australia...I'm afraid they aren't.
        >
        > The jammy @*$£(!.
      • DJ Deep
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2001
          Just read on a local dance scene message board that someone was asking
          around for questions to pose to Way Out West as he was going to be
          interviewing them on Wednesday (ack thats tomorrow now...) and isnt a big
          fan. So if any of you WOW fans have any questions you might have wanted to
          ask feel free to drop the guy a mail...the forum entry is at:
          http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/read.php?f=5&i=88145&t=88145
          and if you just click on the author nick it mails him with subject set...

          Hope that helps someone :)

          Cheers,
          DJ Deep

          [[[ Vince, before you say anything...I've forwarded this to the Way out West list too ;) ]]]
        • DJ Deep
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 29, 2001
            Only 36 Hours to go! woohoo 36 hours till hybrid + my first true clubbing
            experience :)
            Now i just hope ill be able to recognise which member it is hehe cause i
            heard only one of them is djing....im guessing it will be Mike?

            Cheers,
            DJ Deep
          • DJ Deep
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2001
              Just a quick review of the Gatecrasher event i been so excited about going
              to :)
              Two Word Summary: Awesome & Tiring
              Two Word Summary of Hybrid: Bitter Sweet

              Favourite Setlist: Armin Van Buuren

              Favourite Tracks That I Recognized:
              Hybrid: Sarah McLachlan - Fear (Hybrid Remix)
              BeXta: BeXta - Music Makers
              Armin: Perpetuous Dreamer - Sound Of Goodbye (Armin Remix) (thats guessing
              of the top of my head :)
              Scott Bond: Praetorian - Released
              Way Out West: Mindcirus

              Best Live Set: BeXta & Way Out West

              Best Atmosphere: Scott Bond & De La Soul

              Best Set Overall: Scott Bond

              Hybrid: Like i said above Bitter Sweet...
              Sweet because i finally got to experience them djing and their set was
              amazing as usual although i came in a little late second track i heard was
              Fear which sounded fucken amazing on that system :) I didnt recognise any
              other tracks they played though except for Everything In It's Right Place at
              the end.
              Bitter because they were on so friggin early...being so early it was
              basically empty...due to the time and the size of the arena and thus the
              atmosphere/vibe wasnt quite there...I'm not blaming anyone here just saying
              that it was dissapointing (they did it because they had to fly up to
              Brisbane to do a gig later the same night i believe). I just hope they come
              back soon for another DJ Set or even better a Live Performance :)

              Way Out West: As far as i could tell only one member was there and im
              guessing it was Jody (he had long hair). Played some great tracks although
              the only ones i could recognise where off the Intensify album, im not sure
              who the singer was but the fact that the bass kept droning out her singing
              was dissapointing.

              Nitpick: Half way through Scott Bonds set they put up 'DJ Tiesto' on the
              main screen and i thought we where going to be in for a friggin huge
              surprise or somethign lol turns out they just stuffed up.

              Miscellaneous: Sorry for starting that strange argument about drinks but id
              just like to note that i didnt end up requiring anything more than plenty of
              water and a single can of coca-cola at about 3am :) In the end it was my
              legs that gave way before i grew tired...i dont think ill be able to walk
              much for the next week... atleast i know now what it feels like to be up at
              5am having fun and not working on assignment :) Now i just have to convince
              my friends to go clubbing a bit more often...although in the morning one of
              them said theyve had enough clubbing in one day to last them a couple months
              lol.

              Ok sorry for some rambling but i just felt like sharing my first ever true
              clubbing eperience :)

              Cheers,
              DJ 'I Can Barely Move My Legs' Deep