Y3K Volume 2: 2 Bad Mice "Bombscare" Hybrid Remix

  • Gen Kanai
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2000
      So my Y2K V2 promos came in today from groovedis.com (yipee!!)

      EP4 has a Hybrid remix of "Bombscare" by 2 Bad Mice and BT's "Fibonacci
      Sequence" on the other side.

      This is the first time I've heard this remix and it's good. Not great, but
      good. I've never heard the original so I can't compare it that way but in
      comparison to other Hybrid remixes, it doesn't get good until 3/4 of the
      way into the track. Overall it's kind of got a monotonous feel (all dance
      music does to an extent of course) without any significant breakdowns
      (until the 3/4 mark) and nothing varying too far from the looped breakbeat.

      It's got a pretty dark feel (nothing "pretty" about it) and it isn't their
      best work. I guess I was hoping for something as good as "Groovology"
      (which I liked.)

      I'd throw it into a set and try to skip the first half of the choon myself.

      Any thoughts on this one? Or on the rest of this new compilation?

      Gen