Re: [HybridUK] am I insane? (which Wider Angle to purchase?)

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6 3:59 PM
      On Sun 06 Aug, Gen Kanai wrote:
      > Ok Hybrid-izers...
      >
      > I own _Wide Angle_ on vinyl.
      > I own _Wider Angle_ on vinyl.
      > I own _Wide Angle_ (UK import) on CD.
      > I own _Wide Angle_ (Japan import) on CD.
      >
      > I want _Wider Angle_ on CD...
      >
      > Here's my question:
      >
      > Should I wait for the US release of _Wider Angle_ on CD or should I
      > buy the UK import of _Wider Angle_ on CD?

      I think your track record shows that you should buy both. In fact, get a
      copy of Wider Angle imported from England, then one from Wales, and then
      one from Scotland, and possibly one from Northern Ireland too. _Then_
      you'll have the set...

      Is there definitely going to be a release of "Wider Angle" on CD in the
      US?

      If so, there's no guarantee it'll be the same; eg. BT's recent
      offerings, which were a selection of different versions all/most with
      different tracklists, hence me trying to collect 'the set' of those.

      > Also, am I crazy or what?
      >
      > No, on the other hand, don't answer that one ;)

      Seems fair enough to me. It's one of the most moving records of the last
      ten years.

      I have far, far more items with the Tubular Bells symbol on the front
      thanks to Mike Oldfield, and I still don't tire of it (hey, it's a cool
      logo).

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8 7:13 AM
        >I own _Wide Angle_ on vinyl.<BR>
        >I own _Wider Angle_ on vinyl.<BR>
        >I own _Wide Angle_ (UK import) on CD.<BR>
        >I own _Wide Angle_ (Japan import) on CD.<BR>

        Oooooooh - are we having a "who's the saddest Hybrid fan" contest?
        Here's my contribution:

        I own Wide Angle on vinyl
        I own Wider Angle on vinyl
        I own Wide Angle (original UK) on CD
        I own Wide Angle (Japanese import) on CD
        I own Wider Angle on CD

        :O)

        Ally

        P.S. I'm really sad aren't I :o(