am I insane? (which Wider Angle to purchase?)

  • Gen Kanai
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2000
      Ok Hybrid-izers...

      I own _Wide Angle_ on vinyl.
      I own _Wider Angle_ on vinyl.
      I own _Wide Angle_ (UK import) on CD.
      I own _Wide Angle_ (Japan import) on CD.

      I want _Wider Angle_ on CD...

      Here's my question:

      Should I wait for the US release of _Wider Angle_ on CD or should I buy the
      UK import of _Wider Angle_ on CD? Virgin has it here in NYC for $30
      (!) Will the tracks be the same? If they will be the same, I think I can
      wait for the US domestic release...I think...I hope... :)

      Also, am I crazy or what?

      No, on the other hand, don't answer that one ;)

      Gen

      p.s. _Underworld Live; Everything, Everything_ is coming out on V2 in the
      US shortly...fuhkin' awesome CD!
    • Stuart Bruce
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2000
        On Sun 06 Aug, Gen Kanai wrote:
        > Ok Hybrid-izers...
        >
        > I own _Wide Angle_ on vinyl.
        > I own _Wider Angle_ on vinyl.
        > I own _Wide Angle_ (UK import) on CD.
        > I own _Wide Angle_ (Japan import) on CD.
        >
        > I want _Wider Angle_ on CD...
        >
        > Here's my question:
        >
        > Should I wait for the US release of _Wider Angle_ on CD or should I
        > buy the UK import of _Wider Angle_ on CD?

        I think your track record shows that you should buy both. In fact, get a
        copy of Wider Angle imported from England, then one from Wales, and then
        one from Scotland, and possibly one from Northern Ireland too. _Then_
        you'll have the set...

        Is there definitely going to be a release of "Wider Angle" on CD in the
        US?

        If so, there's no guarantee it'll be the same; eg. BT's recent
        offerings, which were a selection of different versions all/most with
        different tracklists, hence me trying to collect 'the set' of those.

        > Also, am I crazy or what?
        >
        > No, on the other hand, don't answer that one ;)

        Seems fair enough to me. It's one of the most moving records of the last
        ten years.

        I have far, far more items with the Tubular Bells symbol on the front
        thanks to Mike Oldfield, and I still don't tire of it (hey, it's a cool
        logo).

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2000
          >I own _Wide Angle_ on vinyl.<BR>
          >I own _Wider Angle_ on vinyl.<BR>
          >I own _Wide Angle_ (UK import) on CD.<BR>
          >I own _Wide Angle_ (Japan import) on CD.<BR>

          Oooooooh - are we having a "who's the saddest Hybrid fan" contest?
          Here's my contribution:

          I own Wide Angle on vinyl
          I own Wider Angle on vinyl
          I own Wide Angle (original UK) on CD
          I own Wide Angle (Japanese import) on CD
          I own Wider Angle on CD

          :O)

          Ally

          P.S. I'm really sad aren't I :o(