RE: [Hybrid] Breaks Producers Working the Mainstream Fringe

  • Jason Fransella
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
      yes, the fluke magimix of big time sensuality is brilliant. one I'm glad to
      own on 12" 8)

      jason

      >>Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a few years
      >>back, and the same goes for what Fluke did to Simple Mind's Theme
      >>From Great Cities (Atlantis Mix)....both were superb......
      >
      >...and Bjork plays live the Fluke remix of one of her songs (Big Time
      >Sensuality?) as opposed to the original.
      >
      >...and Fluke are brilliant.
    • breakbeatreveler
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
        Yes,
        we love old solid bjork remixes.......not to keen on
        what shes been doing lately, even though Mark "LFO"
        Bell has been at the controls......I like the older
        days better....

        > yes, the fluke magimix of big time sensuality is
        > brilliant. one I'm glad to
        > own on 12" 8)
      • Alan Duval
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
          --- In HybridUK@y..., Matt A <matt_a@d...> wrote:
          "It's actually funny that you mentioned this because that's EXACTLY
          what I thought. Don't forget that Prince uses 4s and 2s and Us in
          his writing. Unfortunately, as a huge Prince fan of 18 years (and
          counting) I just see Britney's song as a rip off. The drum beats are
          almost identical to the beginning of a song Prince did for Carmen
          Electra's one and only album (thank God) called "Good Judy
          Girlfriend"."

          He only produced Carmen Electra's album so that he couild get her
          alone in a sound-proof room - of that I am sure:-D
        • Matt A
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
            Alan,

            It's actually funny that you mentioned this because that's EXACTLY what I
            thought. Don't forget that Prince uses 4s and 2s and Us in his writing.
            Unfortunately, as a huge Prince fan of 18 years (and counting) I just see
            Britney's song as a rip off. The drum beats are almost identical to the
            beginning of a song Prince did for Carmen Electra's one and only album
            (thank God) called "Good Judy Girlfriend".

            Matt A.

            At 08:41 PM 11/4/2001 +0000, you wrote:
            >Synicism aside, the Neptunes-produced 'Slave 4 U' is actually pretty
            >good and is very reminiscent, IMO, of some of Prince's quirkier
            >stuff, circa 'Purple Rain'. Not to mention the fact that he called
            >himself 'Slave' for a while there during his falling out with Warners.

            "I was made weak that I might learn to obey
            I asked for health that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity
            that I might do better things
            I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I
            might be wise
            I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; but I was given life that
            I might enjoy all things
            I was given nothing I had asked for; but everything I had hoped for
            So, despite myself, my prayers were answered
            I am among all men

            I left it all behind, the troubles in my life and I'm coming up roses
            I'm coming up roses
            I'm taller than houses
            I'm faster than the brightest light
            I'm the King of England"
            -Skinny, "Coming Up Roses"
          • Alan Duval
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 6, 2001
              --- In HybridUK@y..., breakbeatreveler <celticslang@y...> wrote:
              "we love old solid bjork remixes.......not to keen on what shes been
              doing lately, even though Mark "LFO" Bell has been at the
              controls......I like the older days better...."

              Ironically I found out, the other day, that a guy I did an audio
              engineering course with (SAE - it's international) about 4 years ago
              did a lot of the drum sequencing for the new Björk album (can you
              tell I'm not a big Björk fan?). I then found out that he did the pro-
              tools job on Garbage's 'The World is Not Enough' - b@st@rd!
            • Matt A
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 6, 2001
                >He only produced Carmen Electra's album so that he couild get her
                >alone in a sound-proof room - of that I am sure:-D

                LOL...I know that's right. He even wrote the song "I Hate U" for her after
                he found out she was sleeping with one of the crew on his tour...So, it's
                OK for him to be a ho but not her...

                In a Distinct'ive Related song-spotting, Way Out West's "Activity" can be
                found on the new Paul van Dyk remix album "The Politics of Dancing".

                Oh, and apparently someone on Audio Galaxy DOES in fact have 2 live Hybrid
                sets from their touring stint with Moby. I've gotten part of them so far
                but I'm waiting for the person to sign back on.

                Lastly, Lotus Extreme Challenge will be released for the US PS2 for all of
                us stateside to hear the new tracks (oh yeah, and play the game). Interplay
                is supposed to be distributing it, though they have yet to make any
                official statement.

                Matt A.