Re: [Hybrid] BT track does'nt make it on Britney Spears new album (not that I care but ...)

  • gba
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
      here's something i had forwarded to another mailing list earlier about this
      topic:

      not that his has anything to do with jungle guys...

      but i am a huge BT fan, here's the story from www.bt-network.org:

      "BT pulled the 2 Britney Spears tracks he produced. They will never see the
      light of day. I know why, but you'll have to tie me up to find out why. I
      will tell you this, though...BT is not a whore. So don't treat him like
      one. "

      "This is very complicated from the tiny pieces I know, but here is the
      timeline:
      BT did 2 tracks with BS
      was asked for progress...he turned in ROUGH copies
      was asked for changes and/or JIVE effed with the tracks (speculation)
      BT pulled them, but had already sent them to JIVE
      BT has no international rights to his tunes (is my guess)
      The 2 BS tracks will appear on the import version of her CD, yes, the rough
      BS tracks...against his will.

      Now I, for one am both glad and scared I get a chane to hear them, but am
      still irritated that they are being released against his will. That sucks.
      Makes me want to move to the mountains and grow carrots...oh wait, I am in
      the mountains growing carrots.
      "

      -xs
    • breakbeatreveler
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
        I have to say that the Terminalhead mix of N'Sync's
        Pop is very VERY good. Admittidly its a guilty
        pleasure owning an N Sync CD single, however what the
        Terminalhead lads produced was something worth picking
        up.

        BT working the mainstream fringe is a complement of
        sorts to his wide range of abilities. His abilities
        should not be underscored by the fact he takes on a
        project different from his usual domain. It is BT for
        heaven's sake.....he really has not done wrong yet so
        why fault him for tinkering with a pop-fold mold?

        Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a
        few years back, and the same goes for what Fluke did
        to Simple Mind's Theme From Great Cities (Atlantis
        Mix)....both were superb......
      • keliher@msn.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 3, 2001
          > Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a
          > few years back, and the same goes for what Fluke did
          > to Simple Mind's Theme From Great Cities (Atlantis
          > Mix)....both were superb......

          Just picked up the promo of Flukes 2001 reworks of Absurd. One you
          heard on the Hybrid show was the Marine Parade Mix and the other two
          mixes (wild Oscar Mix and Soul of Man Mix)also kick a**. The sound
          is much harder but still has that Fluke sound. Maybe it's his vocals.
        • Alan Duval
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 4, 2001
            --- In HybridUK@y..., dvdyke <dvdyke@c...> wrote:
            "Are you really surprised? BT probably turned the track into
            something worth listening to!"

            Synicism aside, the Neptunes-produced 'Slave 4 U' is actually pretty
            good and is very reminiscent, IMO, of some of Prince's quirkier
            stuff, circa 'Purple Rain'. Not to mention the fact that he called
            himself 'Slave' for a while there during his falling out with Warners.
          • Alan Duval
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 4, 2001
              >I have to say that the Terminalhead mix of N'Sync's Pop is very VERY
              >good. Admittidly its a guilty pleasure owning an N Sync CD single,
              >however what the Terminalhead lads produced was something worth
              >picking up.

              Terminalheads' remix of Ms. Halliwell's 'Bag it Up' is pretty decent,
              too, if for no other reason than they processed the vocals to the
              point where she sounds, er, masculine:D

              >Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a few years
              >back, and the same goes for what Fluke did to Simple Mind's Theme
              >From Great Cities (Atlantis Mix)....both were superb......

              ...and Bjork plays live the Fluke remix of one of her songs (Big Time
              Sensuality?) as opposed to the original.

              ...and Fluke are brilliant.
            • Jason Fransella
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
                yes, the fluke magimix of big time sensuality is brilliant. one I'm glad to
                own on 12" 8)

                jason

                >>Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a few years
                >>back, and the same goes for what Fluke did to Simple Mind's Theme
                >>From Great Cities (Atlantis Mix)....both were superb......
                >
                >...and Bjork plays live the Fluke remix of one of her songs (Big Time
                >Sensuality?) as opposed to the original.
                >
                >...and Fluke are brilliant.
              • breakbeatreveler
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
                  Yes,
                  we love old solid bjork remixes.......not to keen on
                  what shes been doing lately, even though Mark "LFO"
                  Bell has been at the controls......I like the older
                  days better....

                  > yes, the fluke magimix of big time sensuality is
                  > brilliant. one I'm glad to
                  > own on 12" 8)
                • Alan Duval
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
                    --- In HybridUK@y..., Matt A <matt_a@d...> wrote:
                    "It's actually funny that you mentioned this because that's EXACTLY
                    what I thought. Don't forget that Prince uses 4s and 2s and Us in
                    his writing. Unfortunately, as a huge Prince fan of 18 years (and
                    counting) I just see Britney's song as a rip off. The drum beats are
                    almost identical to the beginning of a song Prince did for Carmen
                    Electra's one and only album (thank God) called "Good Judy
                    Girlfriend"."

                    He only produced Carmen Electra's album so that he couild get her
                    alone in a sound-proof room - of that I am sure:-D
                  • Matt A
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
                      Alan,

                      It's actually funny that you mentioned this because that's EXACTLY what I
                      thought. Don't forget that Prince uses 4s and 2s and Us in his writing.
                      Unfortunately, as a huge Prince fan of 18 years (and counting) I just see
                      Britney's song as a rip off. The drum beats are almost identical to the
                      beginning of a song Prince did for Carmen Electra's one and only album
                      (thank God) called "Good Judy Girlfriend".

                      Matt A.

                      At 08:41 PM 11/4/2001 +0000, you wrote:
                      >Synicism aside, the Neptunes-produced 'Slave 4 U' is actually pretty
                      >good and is very reminiscent, IMO, of some of Prince's quirkier
                      >stuff, circa 'Purple Rain'. Not to mention the fact that he called
                      >himself 'Slave' for a while there during his falling out with Warners.

                      "I was made weak that I might learn to obey
                      I asked for health that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity
                      that I might do better things
                      I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I
                      might be wise
                      I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; but I was given life that
                      I might enjoy all things
                      I was given nothing I had asked for; but everything I had hoped for
                      So, despite myself, my prayers were answered
                      I am among all men

                      I left it all behind, the troubles in my life and I'm coming up roses
                      I'm coming up roses
                      I'm taller than houses
                      I'm faster than the brightest light
                      I'm the King of England"
                      -Skinny, "Coming Up Roses"
                    • Alan Duval
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 6, 2001
                        --- In HybridUK@y..., breakbeatreveler <celticslang@y...> wrote:
                        "we love old solid bjork remixes.......not to keen on what shes been
                        doing lately, even though Mark "LFO" Bell has been at the
                        controls......I like the older days better...."

                        Ironically I found out, the other day, that a guy I did an audio
                        engineering course with (SAE - it's international) about 4 years ago
                        did a lot of the drum sequencing for the new Björk album (can you
                        tell I'm not a big Björk fan?). I then found out that he did the pro-
                        tools job on Garbage's 'The World is Not Enough' - b@st@rd!
                      • Matt A
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 6, 2001
                          >He only produced Carmen Electra's album so that he couild get her
                          >alone in a sound-proof room - of that I am sure:-D

                          LOL...I know that's right. He even wrote the song "I Hate U" for her after
                          he found out she was sleeping with one of the crew on his tour...So, it's
                          OK for him to be a ho but not her...

                          In a Distinct'ive Related song-spotting, Way Out West's "Activity" can be
                          found on the new Paul van Dyk remix album "The Politics of Dancing".

                          Oh, and apparently someone on Audio Galaxy DOES in fact have 2 live Hybrid
                          sets from their touring stint with Moby. I've gotten part of them so far
                          but I'm waiting for the person to sign back on.

                          Lastly, Lotus Extreme Challenge will be released for the US PS2 for all of
                          us stateside to hear the new tracks (oh yeah, and play the game). Interplay
                          is supposed to be distributing it, though they have yet to make any
                          official statement.

                          Matt A.