Re: [Hybrid] BT track does'nt make it on Britney Spears new album (not that I care but ...)

  • dvdyke
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
      Are you really surprised? BT probably turned the track into something worth listening to!

      >Britney Spears fans can hear two tracks online which won't appear on her
      >new album.
      <snip>
    • gba
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
        here's something i had forwarded to another mailing list earlier about this
        topic:

        not that his has anything to do with jungle guys...

        but i am a huge BT fan, here's the story from www.bt-network.org:

        "BT pulled the 2 Britney Spears tracks he produced. They will never see the
        light of day. I know why, but you'll have to tie me up to find out why. I
        will tell you this, though...BT is not a whore. So don't treat him like
        one. "

        "This is very complicated from the tiny pieces I know, but here is the
        timeline:
        BT did 2 tracks with BS
        was asked for progress...he turned in ROUGH copies
        was asked for changes and/or JIVE effed with the tracks (speculation)
        BT pulled them, but had already sent them to JIVE
        BT has no international rights to his tunes (is my guess)
        The 2 BS tracks will appear on the import version of her CD, yes, the rough
        BS tracks...against his will.

        Now I, for one am both glad and scared I get a chane to hear them, but am
        still irritated that they are being released against his will. That sucks.
        Makes me want to move to the mountains and grow carrots...oh wait, I am in
        the mountains growing carrots.
        "

        -xs
      • breakbeatreveler
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
          I have to say that the Terminalhead mix of N'Sync's
          Pop is very VERY good. Admittidly its a guilty
          pleasure owning an N Sync CD single, however what the
          Terminalhead lads produced was something worth picking
          up.

          BT working the mainstream fringe is a complement of
          sorts to his wide range of abilities. His abilities
          should not be underscored by the fact he takes on a
          project different from his usual domain. It is BT for
          heaven's sake.....he really has not done wrong yet so
          why fault him for tinkering with a pop-fold mold?

          Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a
          few years back, and the same goes for what Fluke did
          to Simple Mind's Theme From Great Cities (Atlantis
          Mix)....both were superb......
        • keliher@msn.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 3, 2001
            > Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a
            > few years back, and the same goes for what Fluke did
            > to Simple Mind's Theme From Great Cities (Atlantis
            > Mix)....both were superb......

            Just picked up the promo of Flukes 2001 reworks of Absurd. One you
            heard on the Hybrid show was the Marine Parade Mix and the other two
            mixes (wild Oscar Mix and Soul of Man Mix)also kick a**. The sound
            is much harder but still has that Fluke sound. Maybe it's his vocals.
          • Alan Duval
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 4, 2001
              --- In HybridUK@y..., dvdyke <dvdyke@c...> wrote:
              "Are you really surprised? BT probably turned the track into
              something worth listening to!"

              Synicism aside, the Neptunes-produced 'Slave 4 U' is actually pretty
              good and is very reminiscent, IMO, of some of Prince's quirkier
              stuff, circa 'Purple Rain'. Not to mention the fact that he called
              himself 'Slave' for a while there during his falling out with Warners.
            • Alan Duval
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 4, 2001
                >I have to say that the Terminalhead mix of N'Sync's Pop is very VERY
                >good. Admittidly its a guilty pleasure owning an N Sync CD single,
                >however what the Terminalhead lads produced was something worth
                >picking up.

                Terminalheads' remix of Ms. Halliwell's 'Bag it Up' is pretty decent,
                too, if for no other reason than they processed the vocals to the
                point where she sounds, er, masculine:D

                >Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a few years
                >back, and the same goes for what Fluke did to Simple Mind's Theme
                >From Great Cities (Atlantis Mix)....both were superb......

                ...and Bjork plays live the Fluke remix of one of her songs (Big Time
                Sensuality?) as opposed to the original.

                ...and Fluke are brilliant.
              • Jason Fransella
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
                  yes, the fluke magimix of big time sensuality is brilliant. one I'm glad to
                  own on 12" 8)

                  jason

                  >>Look at what Fluke did to that Rolling Stones track a few years
                  >>back, and the same goes for what Fluke did to Simple Mind's Theme
                  >>From Great Cities (Atlantis Mix)....both were superb......
                  >
                  >...and Bjork plays live the Fluke remix of one of her songs (Big Time
                  >Sensuality?) as opposed to the original.
                  >
                  >...and Fluke are brilliant.
                • breakbeatreveler
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
                    Yes,
                    we love old solid bjork remixes.......not to keen on
                    what shes been doing lately, even though Mark "LFO"
                    Bell has been at the controls......I like the older
                    days better....

                    > yes, the fluke magimix of big time sensuality is
                    > brilliant. one I'm glad to
                    > own on 12" 8)
                  • Alan Duval
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
                      --- In HybridUK@y..., Matt A <matt_a@d...> wrote:
                      "It's actually funny that you mentioned this because that's EXACTLY
                      what I thought. Don't forget that Prince uses 4s and 2s and Us in
                      his writing. Unfortunately, as a huge Prince fan of 18 years (and
                      counting) I just see Britney's song as a rip off. The drum beats are
                      almost identical to the beginning of a song Prince did for Carmen
                      Electra's one and only album (thank God) called "Good Judy
                      Girlfriend"."

                      He only produced Carmen Electra's album so that he couild get her
                      alone in a sound-proof room - of that I am sure:-D
                    • Matt A
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 5, 2001
                        Alan,

                        It's actually funny that you mentioned this because that's EXACTLY what I
                        thought. Don't forget that Prince uses 4s and 2s and Us in his writing.
                        Unfortunately, as a huge Prince fan of 18 years (and counting) I just see
                        Britney's song as a rip off. The drum beats are almost identical to the
                        beginning of a song Prince did for Carmen Electra's one and only album
                        (thank God) called "Good Judy Girlfriend".

                        Matt A.

                        At 08:41 PM 11/4/2001 +0000, you wrote:
                        >Synicism aside, the Neptunes-produced 'Slave 4 U' is actually pretty
                        >good and is very reminiscent, IMO, of some of Prince's quirkier
                        >stuff, circa 'Purple Rain'. Not to mention the fact that he called
                        >himself 'Slave' for a while there during his falling out with Warners.

                        "I was made weak that I might learn to obey
                        I asked for health that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity
                        that I might do better things
                        I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I
                        might be wise
                        I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; but I was given life that
                        I might enjoy all things
                        I was given nothing I had asked for; but everything I had hoped for
                        So, despite myself, my prayers were answered
                        I am among all men

                        I left it all behind, the troubles in my life and I'm coming up roses
                        I'm coming up roses
                        I'm taller than houses
                        I'm faster than the brightest light
                        I'm the King of England"
                        -Skinny, "Coming Up Roses"
                      • Alan Duval
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 6, 2001
                          --- In HybridUK@y..., breakbeatreveler <celticslang@y...> wrote:
                          "we love old solid bjork remixes.......not to keen on what shes been
                          doing lately, even though Mark "LFO" Bell has been at the
                          controls......I like the older days better...."

                          Ironically I found out, the other day, that a guy I did an audio
                          engineering course with (SAE - it's international) about 4 years ago
                          did a lot of the drum sequencing for the new Björk album (can you
                          tell I'm not a big Björk fan?). I then found out that he did the pro-
                          tools job on Garbage's 'The World is Not Enough' - b@st@rd!
                        • Matt A
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 6, 2001
                            >He only produced Carmen Electra's album so that he couild get her
                            >alone in a sound-proof room - of that I am sure:-D

                            LOL...I know that's right. He even wrote the song "I Hate U" for her after
                            he found out she was sleeping with one of the crew on his tour...So, it's
                            OK for him to be a ho but not her...

                            In a Distinct'ive Related song-spotting, Way Out West's "Activity" can be
                            found on the new Paul van Dyk remix album "The Politics of Dancing".

                            Oh, and apparently someone on Audio Galaxy DOES in fact have 2 live Hybrid
                            sets from their touring stint with Moby. I've gotten part of them so far
                            but I'm waiting for the person to sign back on.

                            Lastly, Lotus Extreme Challenge will be released for the US PS2 for all of
                            us stateside to hear the new tracks (oh yeah, and play the game). Interplay
                            is supposed to be distributing it, though they have yet to make any
                            official statement.

                            Matt A.