Song spotting skills required...

  • Alan Duval
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2001
      I downloaded this track as 'Welcome' by Nubreed, which it ain't, I
      now have that single, and they's very different (If you haven't heard
      NuBreed's 'Welcome' do - well worthwhile, and yes, this is a New
      Zealander recommending an Australian band!). I guessed (wrongly)
      that this was a song called 'Welcome' or 'Welcome to the Future' on
      one of the NuBreed compilations - any ideas?

      It's a female vocal, basically spoken word:

      "Imagine - you'll find
      A new state of mind

      A guiding light
      Through your darkest night

      Imagine it's true

      The Future…

      The Future…

      …Is you.

      Imagine the time
      No fears, no crime

      A better tomorrow
      No tears, no sorrow

      Imagine a place

      Beyond time
      Beyond space

      Welcome to The Future

      The Future is Beautiful"
    • vinnie970@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
        Nova - Welcome to the Future (Humate Remix)

        > It's a female vocal, basically spoken word:
        >
        > "Imagine - you'll find
        > A new state of mind
        >
        > A guiding light
        > Through your darkest night
        >
        > Imagine it's true
        >
        > The Future…
        >
        > The Future…
        >
        > …Is you.
        >

        > Imagine the time
        > No fears, no crime
        >
        > A better tomorrow
        > No tears, no sorrow
        >
        > Imagine a place
        >
        > Beyond time
        > Beyond space
        >
        > Welcome to The Future
        >

        > The Future is Beautiful"
      • Alan Duval
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2001
          --- In HybridUK@y..., vinnie970@y... wrote:
          > Nova - Welcome to the Future (Humate Remix)

          Nice, thanqxz!

          I found that out the other day:D
        • jason.parker1@jcu.edu.au
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2001
            As Far as I know, Nubreed are yet to release any FULL releases, compilation or
            there own stuff. However I believe they have released a few other
            singles/remixes apart from 'Welcome' and the B-side 'Mutst'...I so far only
            have their Apex -symetry (nubreed rmx) Which is AWESOME...and a Averageish
            Remix of Sonic Animation's - Im afraid I think i'm human (nubreed vs phil K)

            but other tunes apparently on the way include..

            Rock Da city
            Midi Killa (breaks mix)
            Solid
            Food for thought
            Dzire
            pain
            Nubreed Vs Scritti - Woodbeez
            free radicals - summer breeze (nubreed rmx)
          • Paul Everatt
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2001
              The Sasha sampling 'Food for thought' came out a
              couple of months ago on 12" with a pedestrian 4/4 Phil
              K mix on the B-side...They also have a track 'D-zire'
              on Danny McMillians 'High Altitude Breaks' comp. All
              Hybrid fans should check 'em out!!