Y4K - 2 "EP 3" (PT 3 Hybrid/ Way Out West)

  • keliher@msn.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2001
      Has anyone heard that Hybrid and Way Out West are the DJs for Y4K -
      EP3? I just happen to stumble across this while searching for
      records. Since I haven't heard about this on the list I'm assuming
      it's a misprint. It also said it starts off with a new remix of
      Burnin. THis song is not found on the first two Y4Ks
    • Simon Chilvers
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 29, 2001
        Where did you find this information????

        This must be a new addition to the series!!!!

        Maybe a double CD??

        Sounds interesting..... especially the Burnin' track,
        it's one of my favourate Hybrid tunes!!

        Simon
      • keliher@msn.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 29, 2001
          > Where did you find this information????
          >
          > This must be a new addition to the series!!!!
          >
          > Maybe a double CD??
          >
          > Sounds interesting..... especially the Burnin' track,
          > it's one of my favourate Hybrid tunes!!

          You can find it at http://www.dancerecords.com/8-22/breaks.html.
          They even have a 2 minute MP3 of the song. I haven't heard this
          version before
        • Norm
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 29, 2001
            I believe it's the new Koma & Bones Y4K CD.

            It's appropriately named, "Next Level Breaks."

            The full LP has these tracks on 3 plates.

            A1 Blu Mar Ten - M.A.C.E.
            A2 Drop Culture - Come Alive (Skull Valley Dub)
            B Phender - Rhythm is This (Mr Natural's Bush Bitch Remix)
            C RYU feat. DJ Krush & Tunde Ayemi - Rhythm Asobi (Precision Cuts Mix)
            D Elektrotek - Superfly
            E Hybrid - Burnin' (Hybrid's Breakbeat Mix)
            F1 Commie & Christian J - Tupelo
            F2 - Way Out West - Intensify (PMT Remix)

            -norm
          • Jason Fransella
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 29, 2001
              Of interest to those of you who produce breaks, BT releases sample cds -

              from breaksworld.com:

              Also out this month is a sample CD from BT aimed at breakbeat producers.
              "BT - Breakz From the Nu Skool" features "cutting edge break beats hand
              mangled through hundreds of plug-ins, stomp boxes, pressed to vinyl, you
              name it!" according to Devon (UK) based Time + Space. "From twisted textural
              madness to crazy ass freaked stutter edit new school break beats, it's all
              in full effect on these 2 ground breaking releases."

              "Breakz From the Nu Skool" is available on double audio CD at ?79.95 or Akai
              or Giga CD-ROM at ?199.00. Also released through Time + Space is another
              sample CD from BT called "Twisted Textures". For more details visit
              www.timespace.com.

              jason fransella
            • Matt A
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 29, 2001
                Hey all,

                I live in Detroit, Michigan and my local indy record store has a couple
                copies of this 12".
                I picked one up. Here's what's on it.

                Side A.
                Hybrid "Burnin' " (Breakbeat)
                Side B.
                Commie & Christian J "Tupelo"
                Way Out West "Intensify" (PMT Remix)

                The catalog # is Y4K002EP3

                The Breakbeat remix of "Burnin' " is very similar to the one played at the
                Club Chemistry show, but shorter. It even contains the "You know life is
                all about expression..." sample.
                Sorry I don't know the track times...

                Hope I helped.
                Matt A.

                >Where did you find this information????
                >
                >This must be a new addition to the series!!!!
                >
                >Maybe a double CD??
                >
                >Sounds interesting..... especially the Burnin' track,
                >it's one of my favourate Hybrid tunes!!
              • Daniel Craig
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001
                  Actually, that version of Burnin' is like the Wider Angle Bonus CD
                  version. I can tell you that it is NOT close to the Chemistry Club set
                  as the version performed at the Chemistry Club on the Original Japanese
                  release of Wide Angle is just about my favorite Hybrid song. I had a
                  friend tell me about this track and send me the MP3 just so I could
                  verify and it only resembles the last four minutes of the Chemistry Club
                  track (total that track is thirteen minutes.... and not predominantly
                  breakbeat)

                  DC
                • Matt A
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001
                    That's more or less what I said. I said it was much shorter. The first
                    whole half of "Burnin' " from the Club Chemistry set reminds me more of
                    "Groovology" (especially the part where the beat music drops out). The
                    second half of the song (from the bass hook and the "You know life..."
                    sample) is quite similar to my ears.

                    It is true, though, that the version from the Club Chemistry is better...
                    Still, it's great just to have an unsequenced studio version of "Burnin' ".

                    Matt A.

                  • keliher@msn.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 31, 2001
                      > That's more or less what I said. I said it was much shorter. The
                      first
                      > whole half of "Burnin' " from the Club Chemistry set reminds me
                      more of
                      > "Groovology" (especially the part where the beat music drops
                      out). The
                      > second half of the song (from the bass hook and the "You know
                      life..."
                      > sample) is quite similar to my ears.
                      >
                      > It is true, though, that the version from the Club Chemistry is
                      better...
                      > Still, it's great just to have an unsequenced studio version
                      of "Burnin' ".

                      Nitika's Live session opening track has a 16 minute version of
                      Burnin.
                    • Daniel Craig
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 31, 2001
                        Well I've never been able to track down a copy of that Nikita set.

                        DC