Re: [HybridUK] Re: Wider Angle gets US domestic releas

  • djhic303@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 22, 2000
      You guys are kind of dissin' Chris, yes Mike has done some recent stuff without him but I've heard it was only because Chris just celebrated having a child, if anyone has Hybrid's remix of "How Soon Is Now", you can read the info and see that Chris and Mike have both been doing most of the work, peace, Chris
    • Arfie Mansfield
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2000
        >You guys are kind of dissin' Chris, yes Mike has done some recent stuff without him
        >but I've heard it was only because Chris just celebrated having a child, if anyone has
        >Hybrid's remix of "How Soon Is Now", you can read the info and see that Chris and
        >Mike have both been doing most of the work

        Now you're dissin' Lee :)
      • djhic303@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2000
          not really, he didn't have a big hand in the early stuff as far as I know,
          just Mike and Chris, peace, Chris
        • peak@att.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 22, 2000
            you're a little touchy, don't you think?
            first of all, when I said U.S audiences that didn't mean
            the entire country, it meant the masses as a whole. I
            happen to live in the U.S, but that doesn't blind me to
            the fact that American's are eons behind the UK when it
            comes to electronic music. The best way to promote
            Hybrid in the states would be to focus on them as a BAND
            ( which US audiences are traditionally accustomed to )
            and completely sidetrack them from realizing this is an
            electronic act they are listening to. This is not to say
            that's what's happening, but it very well could be.

            So lighten up a bit, no need to get so defensive.
            And just so you know, Mike has bought me a drink too (
            no idea if it was motivated by my "fanship" - I suspect
            he just wanted to get me liquored up and then in the
            sheets ), but I am not exactly going to go printing it
            on a t-shirt.

            Actually, maybe that's a good idea...
            "I met Mike Truman and all I got was a lousy drink"

            Sassy.
            -a|an.

            his name was so and so said:

            > What the hell is that supposed to mean??? Look here, this US kid has probably
            > the biggest collection of Hybrid material ever released or not released on vinyl
            > and I've also seen their live performance three times, more than the average
            > hybrid fan, I guarentee you that, as a matter of fact Mike was so impressed by
            > my fanship that offered to buy me a beer, what a guy, well anyway I guess I've
            > made my point, we love them as much as the UK, I guarentee it, peace, Chris
          • Stuart Bruce
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 23, 2000
              Just thought I'd post to concur, and to tell people that I'm back after
              a hectic two weeks where I've been almost entirely off the 'Net.

              Hybrid appears to me to be an 'open' group of people, no fixed numbers
              required. Only Mike Truman seems to have been present to collaborate
              with BT on "Running Down The Way Up", two of them played at the Glade at
              Glastonbury, three of them are on the album sleeve, and five of them are
              on stage. I don't think this is a problem, and not worth arguing
              about...

              I also agree that the _majority_ of US audiences seem to be fixed in a
              "band" way of thinking whereby if you see five people on stage, there
              are five people in the band; the Utah Saints often get the same in US
              press, since there are five of them live on stage but only two of them
              in the studio, on the writing credits, on the sleeves, etc. And there is
              a greater expectation on live performance in the US, as far as I've been
              able to tell without ever having been there... pushing Hybrid as a
              touring band, rather than a studio act who occasionally leave their
              house, makes sense.

              So let's all smile and wonder when the new Hybrid material is going to
              turn up.

              Stuart.

              --
              Stuart Bruce