Re: [HybridUK] Burnin'

  • Vince H.
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2000
      grrr, so you're saying we need Wider Angle?! ;-)

      Actually, I only got Wide Angle on vinyl (and I already have Kill City & Altitude on vinyl), so I probably have no excuse for not picking up the cd. ;)

      Vince
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2000
        On Tue 20 Jun, Vince H. wrote:
        > grrr, so you're saying we need Wider Angle?! ;-)

        After thinking about it for a while, the answer is yes; for 14.99 (what
        I paid), it's essentially buying a new Hybrid album of 9 tracks (73
        minutes), aside from the bonus of getting another copy of the "Wide
        Angle" album (my third copy).

        The six live tracks are all _fantastic_- mostly very new versions to me
        (as I'd only really heard the album or single versions); Kid 2000 is
        eleven minutes long with very little vocal, "Burnin'" and "Accelerator"
        are both completely new to me, and it's a good version of "Finished
        Symphony"- and they deserve to be played extremely loud when there's
        nobody else in the house; which is of course precisely what I did. "Kill
        City" is strong as well. The ratio of stormers to duffers that Hybrid've
        put out is amazingly high. And I like "Experiment IV". :-)

        Whilst I haven't checked for sure, I think "Altitude" is the same
        version found on that Future Music CD, but I'm not so sure whether the
        version of "Kid 2000" isn't slightly different to the one on the CD
        single; I'll check this later though.

        So if you're willing to pay full album price for 9 Hybrid tracks,
        possibly only 2 of which you've already got, then it's definitely worth
        getting.

        And if you haven't already got "Wide Angle" on CD, then you should have
        already bought this on the first day it was released. So there.

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...
        music@...
        http://www.atomiser.demon.co.uk
      • Ally Shuttleworth
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21, 2000
          >So Burnin' is an original track after all?!

          It is indeed an original, and a good one too.

          I have heard rumours that it came from 'Fall out of Love'. 'Fall out of love' is a very very old Hybrid tune that I've never knowingly heard.

          I have a tape from about 1991/1992 which is Mixmag - Hybrid and Joey Beltram are playing on it.
          It's very different to the stuff they produce now, but it's still got that Hybrid feel to it :o)

          >Got as far as "Burnin'" on the live disc so far and so far, wow. "Kid
          >2000" live was such a great radical new version that I even liked it...

          Yes, it's on the single too. It's ok. I still don't think I can be persuaded to buy Wider Angle though.
        • Davin Greenwell
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21, 2000
            So whats the difference in the Snyper's between the cd's?

            i love that song!

            what did they do!?

            eh?!
            whats the difference!?!?
            --
            (dj) arizona
            davin greenwell
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21, 2000
              fine, I'm a sinner, you've convinced me!

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 23, 2000
                >The six live tracks are all _fantastic_- mostly very new versions to me
                >(as I'd only really heard the album or single versions); Kid 2000 is
                >eleven minutes long with very little vocal, "Burnin'" and "Accelerator"

                What's this Accelerator?!?!

                I missed this one....oh bollox....I'm going to end up buying it now!

                I need to curb this addiction fast. My 4th version of the album, this is getting silly.

                I wonder if Distinctive give prizes to the most devoted Hybrid fans???

                Ally
              • chris a.
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 23, 2000
                  "Ally Shuttleworth" <ally@... wrote
                  I wonder if Distinctive give prizes to the most devoted Hybrid fans???"

                  ooh i hope so, maybe we should hit up distinctive about that, maybe for some
                  t-shirts or something, clothes can never hurt.. if anybody wants to check
                  out my collection the ftp is intelligent.yi.org list list pt21
                  email me privately if ya wanna trade accounts or have any querstions

                  "I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem"

                  pZ chris
                  aim- dijjit