Re: Re: Hybrid's Remix of Jazzy Jeff/WOW/Joi

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 1999
      On Thu 07 Oct, Vince H. wrote:
      > I have that Hybrid remix you speak of. You'll find it only to be a
      > remake of the original w/ their cool analog basslines and orchestra
      > backing in effect. There are also some very noticeable jazzy elements
      > added (ie. the infamous Hybrid guitar sound). None of the vocals have
      > been removed, probably due to the theme of the album that it was
      > originally recorded for (Old Skool VS. New Skool). It shouldn't be
      > too difficult to find.

      Could someone tell me more about this "Old Skool vs New Skool" thing?
      All I've heard is the name...

      Jez Willis (Utah Saints) told me that they (the Utahs) had just finished
      (or it might have been started) working on a remix that was part of the
      "Old Skool vs New Skool" project; presumably this is the same thing?
      However he told me this in a very loud club, so I didn't get a chance to
      question him about it.

      So, any info much appreciated. Is it possible that (in an ideal world)
      we could be awaiting a compilation CD of classic 'old skool' dance tunes
      remixed by some of my favourite artists?

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...