Re: [HybridUK] Question

  • Davin Greenwell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2000
      On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Arfie Mansfield wrote:

      > >Does anyone know what the basic theme is in every Hybrid "Echoplex"
      > >mix?

      a 4/4 beat
    • Ahmad Hutasuhut
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2000
        --- In HybridUK@egroups.com, Davin Greenwell <wk805@v...> wrote:
        > On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Arfie Mansfield wrote:
        >
        > > >Does anyone know what the basic theme is in every
        Hybrid "Echoplex"
        > > >mix?
        >
        > a 4/4 beat

        Could you explain what a "4/4" beat is?

        Also, on a totally different subject, is anyone going to Euro 2000?
      • Matthew Craig
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2000
          > Could you explain what a "4/4" beat is?
          >
          > Also, on a totally different subject, is anyone going to Euro 2000?

          It's the standard House/Prog. House/Trance beat.

          I'll leave out the "musical" meaning of 4/4... unless you really want
          to hear it.

          --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
        • Stuart Bruce
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2000
            (I think eGroups might be down at the moment, so if there have already
            been several answers to this question, then sorry for repeating them,
            but I haven't received any replies from anyone else so here we go.)

            On Thu 08 Jun, Ahmad Hutasuhut wrote:
            > --- In HybridUK@egroups.com, Davin Greenwell <wk805@v...> wrote:

            > Hybrid "Echoplex"
            > >
            > > a 4/4 beat
            >
            > Could you explain what a "4/4" beat is?

            A "4/4" (aka 'four to the floor') beat is one which has the bass drum on
            every regular beat, four times in a bar, with no syncopation- ie. 4/4
            is a very very very simple rhythm as heard in most common dance music,
            but a lot of Hybrid material has more breakbeat stuff (which isn't 4/4).

            An example of a 4/4 beat: "Theme From Wide Angle", 0:15 into album
            version, or the Echoplex mixes as originally discussed

            An example of NOT a 4/4 beat: "If I Survive" radio edit

            Not to be confused with a 4/4 time signature, which means four
            crotchets(sp?) in a bar, and which describes all of Hybrid's music ever
            (unless I've forgotten something).

            And all the musicians out there should please excuse my dodgy use of
            music terminology.

            > Also, on a totally different subject, is anyone going to Euro 2000?

            I'm told that tens of thousands of people will be going to Euro 2000.
            Sadly, I will not be one of them.

            Stuart.

            --
            Stuart Bruce