Re: [HybridUK] Question

  • Arfie Mansfield
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2000
      >Does anyone know what the basic theme is in every Hybrid "Echoplex"
      >mix?

      I don't know - but they seem somewhat harsher than the originals
      (I've only hear a couple, so I don't know about the rest).
    • Davin Greenwell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2000
        On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Arfie Mansfield wrote:

        > >Does anyone know what the basic theme is in every Hybrid "Echoplex"
        > >mix?

        a 4/4 beat
      • Ahmad Hutasuhut
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2000
          --- In HybridUK@egroups.com, Davin Greenwell <wk805@v...> wrote:
          > On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Arfie Mansfield wrote:
          >
          > > >Does anyone know what the basic theme is in every
          Hybrid "Echoplex"
          > > >mix?
          >
          > a 4/4 beat

          Could you explain what a "4/4" beat is?

          Also, on a totally different subject, is anyone going to Euro 2000?
        • Matthew Craig
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2000
            > Could you explain what a "4/4" beat is?
            >
            > Also, on a totally different subject, is anyone going to Euro 2000?

            It's the standard House/Prog. House/Trance beat.

            I'll leave out the "musical" meaning of 4/4... unless you really want
            to hear it.

            --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
          • Stuart Bruce
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2000
              (I think eGroups might be down at the moment, so if there have already
              been several answers to this question, then sorry for repeating them,
              but I haven't received any replies from anyone else so here we go.)

              On Thu 08 Jun, Ahmad Hutasuhut wrote:
              > --- In HybridUK@egroups.com, Davin Greenwell <wk805@v...> wrote:

              > Hybrid "Echoplex"
              > >
              > > a 4/4 beat
              >
              > Could you explain what a "4/4" beat is?

              A "4/4" (aka 'four to the floor') beat is one which has the bass drum on
              every regular beat, four times in a bar, with no syncopation- ie. 4/4
              is a very very very simple rhythm as heard in most common dance music,
              but a lot of Hybrid material has more breakbeat stuff (which isn't 4/4).

              An example of a 4/4 beat: "Theme From Wide Angle", 0:15 into album
              version, or the Echoplex mixes as originally discussed

              An example of NOT a 4/4 beat: "If I Survive" radio edit

              Not to be confused with a 4/4 time signature, which means four
              crotchets(sp?) in a bar, and which describes all of Hybrid's music ever
              (unless I've forgotten something).

              And all the musicians out there should please excuse my dodgy use of
              music terminology.

              > Also, on a totally different subject, is anyone going to Euro 2000?

              I'm told that tens of thousands of people will be going to Euro 2000.
              Sadly, I will not be one of them.

              Stuart.

              --
              Stuart Bruce