Re: [HybridUK] New BT single

  • peak@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2000
      It's unfortunate that most of the remixes commissioned
      for the "Dreaming" single really don't pay homage to the
      fact the original version is one of the best nu-skool /
      progressive house crossovers to date. I've had the
      Evolution / Eric Kupper mixes for a while now and I was
      a bit disappointed with them - Evolution's mix goes
      nowhere and completely lacks all the energy of the
      original and the Eric Kupper mix ( which really grew on
      me ) is pretty much in the same vein. I mean, for a more
      groovy, minimalistic approach, Eric's reworking is
      definitely top notch - but I wanted to see some nu skool
      artists have at this baby!! Or at very least, send it to
      WOW or someone on the vapour crew.
      I've yet to get a copy of BT's own Libra mix, so I am
      crossing my fingers in hope that it's somewhat in the
      same vein as the original ( don't even mention that damn
      gouryella or whomever it was mix )... but I have my
      doubts. =)

      - alan.

      > Hello it's me again!
      >
      > If you had a look at the Hybrid DJ charts I sent through the other day,
      > you may have noticed that the lads also listed a tune by BT called
      > "Dreaming". Released on May 29th, "Dreaming" is BT's latest single and
      > features vocals by Kirsty Hawkshaw, whom you may remember also sang on
      > "Running Down the Way Up", the track BT and Hybrid did for last year's
      > Y3K compilation.
      >
      > Visit Breaksworld.com for more info and to listen to a sample of the
      > track. I've also listed some upcoming BT gigs. If you are a fan of
      > Hybrid, you will love BT's new "Movement In Still Life" album!
      >
      > http://www.breaksworld.com/
      >
      > Bo!
      > Aras
      > aras@...
    • Vince H.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2000
        I'm in total agreement....why Way out West has not been given the remix opportunity, I do not know. All the viable singles are now gobbled up, so we probably won't see them get to rework anything.

        Vince H.
        It's unfortunate that most of the remixes commissioned
        for the "Dreaming" single really don't pay homage to the
        fact the original version is one of the best nu-skool /
        progressive house crossovers to date. I've had the
        Evolution / Eric Kupper mixes for a while now and I was
        a bit disappointed with them - Evolution's mix goes
        nowhere and completely lacks all the energy of the
        original and the Eric Kupper mix ( which really grew on
        me ) is pretty much in the same vein. I mean, for a more
        groovy, minimalistic approach, Eric's reworking is
        definitely top notch - but I wanted to see some nu skool
        artists have at this baby!! Or at very least, send it to
        WOW or someone on the vapour crew.
        I've yet to get a copy of BT's own Libra mix, so I am
        crossing my fingers in hope that it's somewhat in the
        same vein as the original ( don't even mention that damn
        gouryella or whomever it was mix )... but I have my
        doubts. =)

        - alan.

        > Hello it's me again!
        >
        > If you had a look at the Hybrid DJ charts I sent through the other day,
        > you may have noticed that the lads also listed a tune by BT called
        > "Dreaming". Released on May 29th, "Dreaming" is BT's latest single and
        > features vocals by Kirsty Hawkshaw, whom you may remember also sang on
        > "Running Down the Way Up", the track BT and Hybrid did for last year's
        > Y3K compilation.
        >
        > Visit Breaksworld.com for more info and to listen to a sample of the
        > track. I've also listed some upcoming BT gigs. If you are a fan of
        > Hybrid, you will love BT's new "Movement In Still Life" album!
        >
        > http://www.breaksworld.com/
        >
        > Bo!
        > Aras
        > aras@...

                          USEFUL LINKS

        Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
        http://www.distinctiverecords.com

        Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists

        Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
        http://www.breaksworld.com/

      • Ally Shuttleworth
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 7, 2000
          Yep - 'Dreaming' is a very very good tune, well worth purchasing.

          I'm very glad he's decided to release it.
        • Stuart Bruce
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2000
            Incidentally, in keeping with the fact that all sorts of bands around
            here have eGroups discussion lists with more or less the same people on
            each... there's a BT discussion list, which I didn't start but I seem to
            be the only active person on at the moment...

            http://www.egroups.com/groups/bt-list/ (I think)

            Stuart.

            --
            Stuart Bruce