New BT single

  • aras
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2000
      Hello it's me again!

      If you had a look at the Hybrid DJ charts I sent through the other day,
      you may have noticed that the lads also listed a tune by BT called
      "Dreaming". Released on May 29th, "Dreaming" is BT's latest single and
      features vocals by Kirsty Hawkshaw, whom you may remember also sang on
      "Running Down the Way Up", the track BT and Hybrid did for last year's
      Y3K compilation.

      Visit Breaksworld.com for more info and to listen to a sample of the
      track. I've also listed some upcoming BT gigs. If you are a fan of
      Hybrid, you will love BT's new "Movement In Still Life" album!

      http://www.breaksworld.com/

      Bo!
      Aras
      aras@...
    • stuart.bruce@aardman.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
        I got my copy of the BT "NGCBD" single through the post this morning... in
        about two dozen little smashed pieces... The CD and case both looked like
        somebody had jumped up and down on them systematically.

        Luckily since I've had the US CD for ages I'm not in any hurry since I've
        already got the tracks, but I just thought I'd mention it as another black
        mark against http://www.hmv.co.uk/ and/our the couriers Lynx Express
        (ironically I paid extra to get stuff delivered quickly).

        Does anyone know a different, good, reliable, and decently-priced UK store
        that'll deliver new release UK singles quickly, within the UK, and intact?!

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart.bruce@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
          --- stuart.bruce@... wrote:
          > I got my copy of the BT "NGCBD" single through the
          > post this morning... in
          > about two dozen little smashed pieces... The CD and
          > case both looked like
          > somebody had jumped up and down on them
          > systematically.

          Yer what? Now to do that kind of damage to an AOL CD
          you generally need to hit it had two or three times
          tow weeken it before it shatters (I have many AOL CDs
          exclusively for this purpose). To do this to a proper
          CD, in a case, presumably wrapped in protective
          packaging must surely require special effort. Maybe
          they ran it over with the van ...

          > Luckily since I've had the US CD for ages I'm not in
          > any hurry since I've
          > already got the tracks, but I just thought I'd
          > mention it as another black
          > mark against http://www.hmv.co.uk/ and/our the
          > couriers Lynx Express
          > (ironically I paid extra to get stuff delivered
          > quickly).

          I'd make that a mark against HMV in general - I've
          always found them to be more expensive for singles
          (most of their vinyl is around �5.49, as apposed to
          �4.99 at Virgin down the road, and HMV don't give me
          student discount ... :-( )

          > Does anyone know a different, good, reliable, and
          > decently-priced UK store
          > that'll deliver new release UK singles quickly,
          > within the UK, and intact?!

          Anyone who delivers via Royal Mail should be OK - all
          my mail-order vinyl has come via Royal Mail recorded
          delivery. OK, it isn't hugely fast, but generally if
          you don't mind waiting two or three days, it's fast
          enough. I even had a record with the wrong postcode on
          it, which ended up floating round the system for two
          weeks before it was returned to sender, which remained
          completely intact.

          --
          From Phil

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • krip420@iwon.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
            maybe www.infront.co.uk - free shippin in UK

            >Does anyone know a different, good, reliable, and decently-priced UK store
            >that'll deliver new release UK singles quickly, within the UK, and intact?!
          • Jitesh Mistry
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
              Stuart, that's easy...
              www.juno.co.uk

              I've used them twice (cos they take Solo), and are quick and send them
              bubble-wrapped. Just don't order round Christmas like I did.

              Hope this helps,
              Jits.
            • Antti Mutta
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
                > Does anyone know a different, good, reliable, and decently-priced UK store
                > that'll deliver new release UK singles quickly, within the UK, and
                intact?!

                www.juno.co.uk maybe?
                Haven't tried it as a) have got no credit card b) I live in Finland
                Still, I got lots of friends who say this shop rocks.

                -antti