Kid 2000

  • Ally Shuttleworth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000
      It wasn't till today that I've been able to buy the new single (on
      vinyl and CD od course!).
      I haven't listened to it yet, but I'll comment on the mixes later.
      Not as many mixes from the guys as usual....?

      Here's a review of the single from Dotmusic.co.uk:

      No. 32 - KID 2000 (Hybrid featuring Chrissie Hynde)

      The current trend for dance records made out of the most obscure
      sources possible continues with what some people may regard as its
      zenith. This much talked about single sees none other than Chrissie
      Hynde give her blessing and new vocals to a high speed trance
      reworking of the Pretenders' 1979 hit single. All I can say is that
      she must have needed the money as a less worthy dance remake you
      would be hard pressed to find, even if the single actually manages to
      beat the peak of the original by one place. Still the collaboration
      has been taken a step further, Hybrid actually joining her onstage on
      the festival circuit. This single marks the first Top 40 appearance
      for Hybrid who had two minor chart singles last year. Funnily enough
      this isn't the first time Chrissie Hynde has taken a step into the
      world of dance music, her vocals gracing Moodswings' reworking of
      State Of Independence which staggered to Number 47 in 1993, two years
      after it was recorded.
    • Stuart Bruce
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000
        On Fri 02 Jun, Ally Shuttleworth wrote:
        > This single marks the first Top 40 appearance for Hybrid

        Really?!

        I thought "Finished Symphony" and "If I Survive" both got into the Top
        40... was I wrong? If they didn't, how well _did_ they do?

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2003
          > My brother was referring to the fact that you
          >still reply to this list even though Hybrid released a cover
          >to Kid just after Wide Angle was released, and you continue
          >to listen to them today.

          >Dan

          Kid 2000 is more of a remix then a cover to me, after all its only the words
          they reuse, maybe they called it a cover cuz they got her to resing the
          vocals?.....Anyone else heard the original 'kid' by the pretenders? did you
          have nightmares for weeks after like me? :P