Hybrid @ Homelands

  • Ally Shuttleworth
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2000
      I got back late last night from Homelands.

      It was really great, apart from the rain and the mud!!

      A catastrophe happened when I managed to miss Hybrid play!! They were on for
      a measly 15 minutes with Chrissy Hynde in the Slinky tent, but I thought the
      Slinky tent was another tent....Ooooooops!!!

      My report for the rest of the festival is....

      We also missed BT live, as we got caught in a 3 hour queue to get in - v.
      badly organised.
      Both Carl Cox and Danny Rampling stole the festival with amazing sets.
      Jacques du Cont also played well (who's he?).
      Groove Armada played well (but they can't mix), lots of bass! They played
      Timo Maas' mix of Doom's Night...it went down very well with he killer
      bass - one of my fave tunes.
      Paul Oakenfold was flat and boring....We didn't stay for Leftfield for long,
      as they played quite flat also. Sasha & Digweed were good to start with, but
      lost it a little in their first set. PVD was reportedly very good, but we'd
      had enough of the mud and the rain by 3am.

      So, well done Rampling & Cox!

      Ally
    • Andrew J Cowell
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2000
        > Jacques du Cont also played well (who's he?).

        Isn't he part of Les Rhythms Digitalis (sp)? The name
        is familiar.

        Andi.
      • Vince H.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2000
          I'm downloading that PVD set, and might I say it is quite blinding (he played the Way out West Mix of Freefall's "Skydive," so how could it not be blinding. ;).  Even though I notice some shoddy mixing here and there, the crowd was extremely up from it (from what I can tell by listening to the crowd noise).  He played a surprising set of deep trance and techno...not like PVD, but I guess he's branching out, so more power to him!  With all this Homeland hype, I wish I would have flown out to the UK for it....even though it would have meant a complete mudbath and a long queue....I somehow think it would have been worth it!  And on top of that I would be able to see your pretty face (and maybe Stuart's too! ;).

          Vince H.
[...]

                            USEFUL LINKS

          Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
          http://www.distinctiverecords.com

          Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists

          Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
          http://www.breaksworld.com/

        • Stuart Bruce
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2000
            On Wed 31 May, Andrew J Cowell wrote:
            > > Jacques du Cont also played well (who's he?).
            >
            > Isn't he part of Les Rhythms Digitalis (sp)? The name
            > is familiar.

            Very off-topic, but Jacques Le Cont _is_ Les Rhythmes Digitales (both
            spelt correctly according to the CD in front of me...). The most recent
            album is a nice enough listen, but it sounds more like the Bloodhound
            Gang than like Hybrid. He's a big fan of everything 1980s but don't hold
            that against him... :-)

            Anyone on this list thinking of going to Glastonbury?

            Stuart.

            --
            Stuart Bruce
            stuart@...
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2000
              Yea I think you're right.  Les Rhythmes Digitales is the correct spelling, I think.  Not a big fan myself...some of their stuff sounds very retro, heh.

              Vince H.
              > Jacques du Cont also played well (who's he?).

              Isn't he part of Les Rhythms Digitalis (sp)? The name
              is familiar.

              Andi.

                                USEFUL LINKS

              Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
              http://www.distinctiverecords.com

              Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists

              Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
              http://www.breaksworld.com/

            • Arfie Mansfield
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2000
                >Yea I think you're right. Les Rhythmes Digitales is the correct
                >spelling, I think.

                It is, although it's not. (hehehe) To clarify; he's called
                himself Les Rhythmes Digitales, whereas it should be Digiteaux. Oh, and
                he isn't called Jacques Lu Cont, either - he isn't even French. The
                man's life is a lie. Still, he remixed Nothing Left, so he's not all
                that bad.

                >Not a big fan myself...some of their stuff sounds very retro, heh.

                Deliberately so. If anyone wants anything by him cheap, I can
                get you a LRD promo for 75p. BTW, I got hold of We Are I.E. with no less
                than 3 Hybrid mixe for 75p. Woohoo.
              • Ally Shuttleworth
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1, 2000
                  >Very off-topic, but Jacques Le Cont _is_ Les Rhythmes Digitales (both
                  >spelt correctly according to the CD in front of me...). The most recent
                  >album is a nice enough listen, but it sounds more like the Bloodhound
                  >Gang than like Hybrid.

                  No, sorry...didn't mean he sound anything like Hybrid....he was good though :o)