Off Topic: Way Out West

  • Gavin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2001
      OK, I got my hands on the Way Out West album "Intensify" (yes I had to
      buy it from a store!). For some reason once I heard "The Fall", which
      samples one of my favourite tracks of all time to death, I was
      despairing the direction Jody and Nick were heading in. I made no
      effort to buy any further singles.

      Having listened to the album, however, I can confidently say that
      Intensify is a step up from the debut album. It's an album that will
      definitely appeal to lovers of their debut, plus many more along the
      way. Most tracks are winners, and many beg for remix attention, which
      I'm sure they will receive. I'd say Shark Hunt stood out most to me. If
      anything I dare say the album is a tiny bit dated already, and this can
      be put down to stupid record companies sitting on it (if press is true,
      it was ready for reelease 12-18 months ago!). I can only start to
      imagine how frustrated Nick and Jody have been.

      So, in between dreaming of the next Hybrid album, go out and grab it.
      You won't be disappointed. From memory UK release date is early August.
      Stuart, I'll spare you any chart predictions! :)

      Cheers,
      Gavin Stok

      http://stok.org.uk/
      (thought I'd plug my photos instead of my BT site for once!)