Re: [Hybrid] vinyl availability

  • Philip Stewart
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
      >> ... I wonder just how many were pressed
      >
      > Im guessing LOTS, pretty much every city in the US
      > got some. 2 stores
      > here in Houston got 8+ , and restocked it.

      Thats gotta be a hell of a lot ... several thousand
      easy ...

      > what a sh***y pressing, even at full volume on all
      > EQ's you can barely
      > hear FSOL.
      >
      > Jumpin and Pumpin better put out a better slab o'
      > wax.

      You'd think doing so many they'd be able to do a
      decent pressing, wouldn't you? So Pure crackles along
      so much that you can barely tell when the track starts
      for hiss and pops against a low volume track.
      Fortunately it improves from there, and FSOL is a bit
      louder on mine. They seem to have done a better job
      pressing the other side, as Intensify is far more
      coherent, although I still await the proper promos so
      I can get a decent pressing. (although I'm still damn
      chuffed with it - l those nice tracks in my possesion
      at whatever quality is better than not at all :-) )

      --
      From Phil