vinyl availability

  • vinyl
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 6:30 AM
      > Quick note to tell you all that Replay Records have
      > now got the Morrisette / FSOL / WOW white label in
      > stock, although they don't seem to realise that it has
      > Intensify on the flipside, it only shows when you
      > search for Hybrid (seperate entries for Alanis
      > Morrisette / FSOL). HTFR are also still in stock with
      > theirs too ... I wonder just how many were pressed ...

      Im guessing LOTS, pretty much every city in the US got some. 2 stores
      here in Houston got 8+ , and restocked it.

      what a sh***y pressing, even at full volume on all EQ's you can barely
      hear FSOL.

      Jumpin and Pumpin better put out a better slab o' wax.

      .kevin
    • Philip Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3 7:18 AM
        >> ... I wonder just how many were pressed
        >
        > Im guessing LOTS, pretty much every city in the US
        > got some. 2 stores
        > here in Houston got 8+ , and restocked it.

        Thats gotta be a hell of a lot ... several thousand
        easy ...

        > what a sh***y pressing, even at full volume on all
        > EQ's you can barely
        > hear FSOL.
        >
        > Jumpin and Pumpin better put out a better slab o'
        > wax.

        You'd think doing so many they'd be able to do a
        decent pressing, wouldn't you? So Pure crackles along
        so much that you can barely tell when the track starts
        for hiss and pops against a low volume track.
        Fortunately it improves from there, and FSOL is a bit
        louder on mine. They seem to have done a better job
        pressing the other side, as Intensify is far more
        coherent, although I still await the proper promos so
        I can get a decent pressing. (although I'm still damn
        chuffed with it - l those nice tracks in my possesion
        at whatever quality is better than not at all :-) )

        --
        From Phil