Re: [Hybrid] Labyrinth Soundtrack

  • stuart.bruce@aardman.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 3, 2001
      >I'm having a private exchange with Stuart about this film, and there's
      >some interesting trivia that
      >some of you might consider interesting:

      Talk about starting a wildly off-topic discussion... ah well.

      >The film (made in 1986) features an Owl Animation in the beginning that
      >was completely
      >computer generated!

      After a quick surf on the web I found this site:
      http://www.wam.umd.edu/~danf/engl/

      which shows, just for the sake of argument, that "Labyrinth" wasn't the
      first film to acheive something this impressive. "Young Sherlock Holmes",
      the previous year, had a computer-generated knight made out of stained
      glass chasing the main characters, which I'd forgotten about.

      >Another interesting thing that noone seems to know is, that Terry Jones
      >(of Monty Python fame) was responsible for the screenplay,

      As I mentioned in private e-mail, don't assume that "noone seems to know"
      before you even ask. I could've told you that off the top of my head. :-)

      >Well.. So much for the trivia.. Thanks for reading, and spread the word,
      >so that people learn that
      >Luxor Jr. wasn't that much of a landmark as people generally say! >;-)

      On the subject of Pixar, there's a new animation from Pixar based around
      birds on a telephone wire, and a strange world that comes along and tries
      to join their gang. I can't remember what it's called but check it out,
      it's brilliant.

      Stuart.