Re: My new hybrid site...

  • Ally Shuttleworth
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
      > http:/www.geocities.com/portisfreak2001/hindex.htm

      That URL didn't work Allan, but...

      http:/www.geocities.com/portisfreak2001/

      ...does.

      Some of the links seemed to be broken. I'll add it to the links
      section of www.hybrid-group.co.uk

      Ally
    • Alan Duval
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
        You'll find that:

        http:/www.geocities.com/portisfreak2001/

        works.

        Oh, and the message-board link wasn't active when I went in:-o

        > http:/www.geocities.com/portisfreak2001/hindex.htm
        >
        > Tell me what you think, and please leave messages at the message
        board. I'd
        > hopefully like the message board to be as active as the one on
        > www.bt-network.org.
      • Philip Stewart
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
          > Heres the URL
          > http:/www.geocities.com/portisfreak2001/hindex.htm
          >
          > Tell me what you think

          Um, from what I can see, OK. A few points tho:

          1) Your URL is borken, as are some of the links on the
          page.
          2) Don't do text in graphics files, it is incredibly
          inefficient and very annoying as it takes much longer
          to load (especially if, like me you still use
          near-obselete technology, like a modem). Proper html
          and style sheets should be able to achieve the
          appropriate effects.

          Other than that, looks good so far :-)

          --
          From Phil
        • allanyork@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2001
            Thanks for the advice. I've gotten the page fixed so the text is actually
            text, not images.

            - Allan