Re: [Hybrid] lurker

  • Matthew Craig
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2001
      >Psykosonik (self-titled)
      >(early rave group signed to TVT - "Silicon Jesus" wasn't bad, but damn
      > >some of that s**t was cheesy. Their second record "unlearn" was better,
      >but not by much)

      Hey now!! Psykosonik is HIGHLY under-rated. You've got to take the
      self-titled album in context. It was very cyber-punk which didn't sound
      nearly as cheesy 10 years ago. Before the internet really hit the big-time.
      Unlearn is an absolute classic (dare I say *essential*) piece of electronic
      music/synth pop. It was released in '94 and it still sounds damn good, in
      my opinion at any rate.

      --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
    • Alan Duval
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2001
        True, dat. And the Josh Wink remixes, amongst others aren't bad,
        neither. Psykosonik's input on the various Mortal Kombat albums have
        been quite worthwhile, too :D