Kiss Radio Show & Mike Truman's Chart

  • ally@hybrid-group.co.uk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 27, 2001
      Hybrid will probably be doing a radio show on Kiss in London either next Friday or the Friday after. If you're lucky enough to not live in london ;) go to Kissonline.co.uk to hear the show.

      Also...I have Mike Truman's latest chart for you...

      1. Robert Miles - Paths - Salt - FSOL Remix.....Fsol return with a new
      insight into where Gaz Cobain and Justin Gibson are heading, with almost 5 years away they are back with the summer tunes for this year.

      2. John Creamer and Stefan K - I Love You - Acetate - Hybrid Remix and
      Original.....Just finished a breakbeat mix of this tune by the two New
      Yorkers. We have been hammering this original mix for ages and it hits the right spot everytime. Dancefloors beware scary twisted house music that creeps right own your shirt. And tweaks your nipples.Wicked.

      3. Sharpside - Belgian Resistance - Records Delux .......Tough dark house music to start with but the breakdown is an awesome build into progressive heaven - A genius of a record.

      4. Chemical Brothers - Electronic Battle weapon 5 - Africa .....THE Tune of Homelands. The Chemicals drop a monster track with more explosions than a bomb site. Animal from the muppets get on the timbales and roof top's all over the UK are blown off. Tune.

      5. Crystal Method - Name of the Game - White - Hybrid Remix.....Funky, Housey, Breakbeatness from us chaps, with a breakdown that has a very, very rude bassline. Check this out and get offended.

      Ally
    • krip420@iwon.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 27, 2001
        >2. John Creamer and Stefan K - I Love You - Acetate - Hybrid Remix and
        >Original.....Just finished a breakbeat mix of this tune by the two New
        >Yorkers. We have been hammering this original mix for ages and it hits the
        >right spot everytime. Dancefloors beware scary twisted house music that
        >creeps right own your shirt. And tweaks your nipples.Wicked.

        I really hope they put this song on their new album ... I knew that this
        song would be just as Ally described it. Haven't heard it yet but I can
        only imagine.

        Ally ... where can I buy this tune ?

        Peace !
        Jose
      • Alan Duval
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 27, 2001
          "1. Robert Miles - Paths - Salt - FSOL Remix.....Fsol return with a
          new insight into where Gaz Cobain and Justin Gibson are heading, with
          almost 5 years away they are back with the summer tunes for this
          year."

          Is this portentous of a new Robert Miles album? Having got over
          the '2nd-album-blues' (even Frankie Knuckles couldn't rescue that
          single) are we in for another Fables (I prefer the vocal version,
          reminds me of 'Great Gig in the Sky') or Children, or even any of the
          excellent album cuts (Redzone and Fantasya being favourites)?

          "4. Chemical Brothers - Electronic Battle weapon 5 - Africa .....THE
          Tune of Homelands. The Chemicals drop a monster track with more
          explosions than a bomb site. Animal from the muppets get on the
          timbales and roof top's all over the UK are blown off. Tune."

          ...and it's about time, looking forward to some more Chem's I have
          all of the single's, EPs (except Private Psychedelic Reel, which is
          still available, anyway) and albums, and I WANT more:D I'll have to
          start getting promos now, somehow.

          "5. Crystal Method - Name of the Game - White - Hybrid
          Remix.....Funky, Housey, Breakbeatness from us chaps, with a
          breakdown that has a very, very rude bassline. Check this out and get
          offended."

          ...as long as they haven't sampled 'Superfreak' for the second time
          in recent history I'm unlikely to be offended - got meth?
        • Philip Stewart
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 27, 2001
            --- "ally@..."
            <ally@...> wrote:
            > 5. Crystal Method - Name of the Game - White -
            > Hybrid Remix.....Funky, Housey, Breakbeatness from
            > us chaps, with a breakdown that has a very, very
            > rude bassline. Check this out and get offended.

            That reminds me - there is a divx video of Crystal
            Method's Comin' Back on the divx.com showcase page

            http://www.divx.com/showcase/index.php

            It's a 1:30 minute, err, DivX. I'm having trouble
            downloading it at the moment tho, so if anyone else
            has any better success ...

            --
            From Phil
          • ally@hybrid-group.co.uk
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2001
              > I really hope they put this song on their new album ... I knew that
              this
              > song would be just as Ally described it. Haven't heard it yet but I
              can
              > only imagine.
              >
              > Ally ... where can I buy this tune ?

              I'd love to take credit for the descriptions, but they were from Mike
              (Hybrid).

              Not sure where you can buy it...I'll ask Mike though.

              Allt
            • Stu Bruise
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 29, 2001
                On 27 Jun 2001, at 18:11, ally@... wrote:

                > 2. John Creamer and Stefan K - I Love You - Acetate - Hybrid Remix and
                > Original.....Just finished a breakbeat mix of this tune by the two New
                > Yorkers. We have been hammering this original mix for ages and it hits
                > the right spot everytime. Dancefloors beware scary twisted house music
                > that creeps right own your shirt. And tweaks your nipples.Wicked.

                I am the *only* person on the face of the planet who wasn't too
                impressed by the John Creamer & Stefan K remix of Kosheen
                "Hide U"? I've only heard it a few times so maybe it'd grow on me if
                I heard it more, but from what I remember it just sounded like the
                original with a 4/4 beat and some proggy burps. Not as good as my
                Kosheen vs Pour Homme "Born To Hide This Way" mix IMHO ;)

                > 4. Chemical Brothers - Electronic Battle weapon 5 - Africa .....THE
                > Tune of Homelands. The Chemicals drop a monster track with more
                > explosions than a bomb site. Animal from the muppets get on the
                > timbales and roof top's all over the UK are blown off. Tune.

                Bleh, another track I don't particularly care for. Dull tribal arse, if
                you ask me ;)

                ~~stu
              • vinnie970@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 30, 2001
                  Yea, m8, it's called hype and there's plenty of it doing the rounds
                  in the prog scene. ;)

                  That Chem Bros song serves no other purpose than to get a crowd
                  moving..it does absolutely nothing for home listening, and can be
                  quite annoying.

                  VH.