Back to Hybrid (was Re: Mostly Way Out West)

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
      On Thu 30 Sep, Vince H. wrote:
      > Back to on-topic material, Hybrid released a live performance cd
      > included with "Wide Angle" in Japan. A friend of mine has it, and
      > said it's superb. The price is a little steep due to the nature of the
      > import (Japanese double-cd), but I hope to snatch a copy someday. ;)

      Just wondering (not that anyone will presumably know for certain), at
      the forthcoming Musik tour, do you reckon Hybrid (or any of the others)
      will be selling merchandise or CDs in a corner somewhere? I know it's
      not normal in a club situation but I'm just wondering.

      Who here is going to which gigs, anyway?

      And _is_ there much/any Hybrid merchandise to speak of? I'd love a
      T-shirt/sweatshirt if the design is similar to the album cover.

      > Also, Distinctive will be releasing a compilation called Y3K in the
      > near future that will feature unreleased tracks from artists like
      > Rennie Pilgrem, BT, Hybrid, & Way out West. I've got the promotional
      > sticker for it, and a friend of mine has the actual promo on vinyl,
      > and said the Hybrid and WOW material is particularly excellent
      > (nu-skool/trance breaks material evidently). It will be released on
      > vinyl (unmixed), I presume and also on cd mixed by a DJ whose name
      > currently escapes me.

      Hmmm... a shame that unmixed CDs don't seem all that common for this
      kind of thing (I do a bit of mixing myself but using CDs, and the choice
      of unmixed vinyl or already-mixed CDs is a bit frustrating). Please let
      us know when it's actually released though, I expect I'll buy that...

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 1999
        > From: Stuart Bruce <music@...>
        >
        > On Thu 30 Sep, Vince H. wrote:
        > Just wondering (not that anyone will presumably know for certain), at
        > the forthcoming Musik tour, do you reckon Hybrid (or any of the others)
        > will be selling merchandise or CDs in a corner somewhere? I know it's
        > not normal in a club situation but I'm just wondering.

        We can only hope so! I say there's a 50/50 chance...

        > Who here is going to which gigs, anyway?

        I can only hope they land somewhere near my hometown (Dallas, TX) when they
        embark on their American tour in November (or so I've heard).

        > And _is_ there much/any Hybrid merchandise to speak of? I'd love a
        > T-shirt/sweatshirt if the design is similar to the album cover.

        Distinctive on the web might. Have u checked yet?

        > > Also, Distinctive will be releasing a compilation called Y3K in the
        > > near future that will feature unreleased tracks from artists like
        > > Rennie Pilgrem, BT, Hybrid, & Way out West. I've got the promotional
        > > sticker for it, and a friend of mine has the actual promo on vinyl,
        > > and said the Hybrid and WOW material is particularly excellent
        > > (nu-skool/trance breaks material evidently). It will be released on
        > > vinyl (unmixed), I presume and also on cd mixed by a DJ whose name
        > > currently escapes me.
        >
        > Hmmm... a shame that unmixed CDs don't seem all that common for this
        > kind of thing (I do a bit of mixing myself but using CDs, and the choice
        > of unmixed vinyl or already-mixed CDs is a bit frustrating). Please let
        > us know when it's actually released though, I expect I'll buy that...

        Sad but true, as cd is a more stable format, and is less susecptible to wear
        and tear. The DJ goes by the moniker DJ Hyper, from what I understand.
        That's all I've heard, and I believe that it will be a good buying decision,
        Stuart. :) Ally said it would be out in November, so let's keep our eyes
        open.

        Vince