Also...

  • Oddball
    Message 1 of 7 , May 10, 2001
      Also is 'Ayumi Hamasaki - Teddy Bear' really a Hybrid remix and is it the
      B-Side to Prologue? Or something else?
    • lord_xarph@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2001
        --- In HybridUK@y..., Oddball <zeta@h...> wrote:
        > Also is 'Ayumi Hamasaki - Teddy Bear' really a Hybrid remix and is
        it the
        > B-Side to Prologue? Or something else?

        This is an old message, but I can answer it definitively, so here
        goes:

        Prologue premiered on Disc 2 of ayu-mi-x II VSN Nonstop Megamix as
        track 2; a standalone track.
        Teddy Bear is track 16 of ayu-mi-x III VSN Nonstop, unfortunately as
        a part of the nonstop mix. It is mostly progressive orchestral with a
        breakbeat in the backing. Unfortunately, they were only given a
        whopping 2 minutes on the CD, so it isn't nearly as robust as, say,
        their remix of Eve of the War; but still, it's the most orchestrally
        complex 2 minute dance track I've ever heard. =) Take any
        one 'movement' of Finished Symphony and loop it for 2 minutes with
        vocals for a very rough idea.*

        As a tangent, Ayumi Hamasaki's discography is one hell of a trip - I
        don't even think they BOTHER doing any in-house production.. I
        theorize they just ship out the raw vocals to whoever the top 25 DJs
        in the world are at the moment and have them compose 'remixes;' the
        most popular of which wind up as the 'official' radio and album
        versions. Evidence of this is that her single for 'audience' has a
        plain, acapella version of Surreal, which is the B side to an
        entirely DIFFERENT single.

        -Lx?

        *Yes, I have both discs (and the remix cd containing both hybrid
        remixes of Every Little Thing tracks), but as I just joined about an
        hour ago I dunno what the board policy on trading is. =) Email me
        privately to pick my brain.
      • Alan Duval
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2001
          Given that I've been toying with the idea for a while, for myself,
          how cool would it be for the Hybrid lads to do an updated version
          of 'Also Sprach Zarathustra'? My idea would involve sampling some of
          Deodato's track of the same name, to get those cool 70's rare groove
          bits, so it'd be nothing like what Hybrid would probably do - just
          puttin' it out there:D
        • root@atomiser.demon.co.uk
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28, 2001
            --- In HybridUK@y..., "Alan Duval" <propellerheadcase@h...> wrote:
            > Given that I've been toying with the idea for a while, for myself,
            > how cool would it be for the Hybrid lads to do an updated version
            > of 'Also Sprach Zarathustra'?

            Just thought I'd fish this out of the archives as I've just
            remembered (by fishing it out and listening to it again) that
            Blackout's "Gotta Have Hope" has a sample of the most famous section
            of "Also Sprach Zarathustra". And on the CD single, there's a Truman
            & Wolff remix of the track- which is probably as near as you'll get
            to Hybrid remixing the orchestral piece, I'd guess.

            Stuart.
          • Alan Duval
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 30, 2001
              >Just thought I'd fish this out of the archives as I've just
              >remembered (by fishing it out and listening to it again) that
              >Blackout's "Gotta Have Hope" has a sample of the most famous section
              >of "Also Sprach Zarathustra". And on the CD single, there's a Truman
              >& Wolff remix of the track- which is probably as near as you'll get
              >to Hybrid remixing the orchestral piece, I'd guess.

              Dear God! Have you no life? How long ago did I post that noodling?
              Anyway, thanks, I'll look out for it - but I'd still love for the
              lads to take a crack at it:D
            • Stuart Bruce
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
                On Mon 01 Oct, Alan Duval wrote:

                > >Just thought I'd fish this out of the archives as I've just
                > >remembered (by fishing it out and listening to it again) that
                > >Blackout's "Gotta Have Hope" has a sample of the most famous section
                > >of "Also Sprach Zarathustra". And on the CD single, there's a Truman
                > >& Wolff remix of the track- which is probably as near as you'll get
                > >to Hybrid remixing the orchestral piece, I'd guess.
                >
                > Dear God! Have you no life?

                Well pardon me for posting to this list significantly *less* than you
                do...

                > How long ago did I post that noodling?

                Three weeks ago. When you posted it, I thought, "I'm sure I've heard a
                Mike Truman track that has some of Zarathustra in it", but I couldn't
                remember exactly where I'd heard it so didn't say anything.

                Three weeks later I happened to be listening to the Blackout track,
                realised what it was, then went to the Hybrid group and did a search for
                "Zarath" to go straight to your original message.

                Anybody who can't work that out or who can't at least vaguely remember
                something that was a few weeks ago when completely sober and directly
                reminded of it, has perhaps had a pint or a pill too many this year.

                Stuart.

                --
                Stuart Bruce
                stuart@...
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
                  >Three weeks ago. When you posted it, I thought, "I'm sure I've heard
                  >a Mike Truman track that has some of Zarathustra in it", but I
                  >couldn't remember exactly where I'd heard it so didn't say anything.
                  >
                  >Three weeks later I happened to be listening to the Blackout track,
                  >realised what it was, then went to the Hybrid group and did a search
                  >for "Zarath" to go straight to your original message.

                  Now, now. I was attempting to express my amazement that you'd
                  remembered something so relatively trivial, especially given the
                  events of the last three or so weeks. Thank you much, for the info.

                  ...and I admit it, I am a verbose pain in the ass:D