Re: New to Hybrid

  • Vince H.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
      From: <qazi@...>
      To: <HybridUK@onelist.com>
      Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 2:27 AM
      Subject: [HybridUK] New to Hybrid

      > From: qazi@...
      >
      > Hi!
      >
      > I just subscribed to this mailing list. I'm in the US and have recently
      found out about Hybrid. I only have one of their remixes in my possession,
      and that is their remix of BT's "Godspeed". I plan on ordering the "Wide
      Angle" full-length album and the "If I Survive" CD single sometime this
      month - once I have enough spare money, because ordering UK import CDs is
      pretty darn expensive!

      Welcome aboard...this list is pretty quiet at the moment, as it has only
      been around for no more than a month or two, so don't worry about making too
      many contributions. :)

      > A few questions...
      >
      > 1. Have any of you heard of a special edition release of "Wide Angle"
      which features a second CD featuring live tracks? If so, how is this second
      CD?

      The Japanese version is the one you speak of. I don't have it, but a friend
      of mine says that it's highly worth the purchase.

      > 2. I listened to a Hybrid DJ set at www.ministryofsound.com and the first
      track they played was a remix of "So Pure" by Alanis Morrisette. The
      playlist did not state that this remix was done by Hybrid, but it sure
      *sounds* like a Hybrid remix. Do any of you in England know if this remix
      was officially released and if it is available on a CD single?

      I'm from the states, but there are, in fact, two or three Hybrid remixes of
      Alanis' singles out there. One of them was released as a white label promo
      (vinyl) only ("Your House"). The other is "So Pure," as you have already
      mentioned, and I don't think it's been released yet. (but it should!)

      > 3. Where can I find a list of Hybrid remixes? Other than the BT and
      Alanis remixes, I hear that Hybrid have also remixed "Bodyrock" (Moby) and
      "Summertime" (DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince). Any comments on these and any
      other remixes would be welcome!

      Check this website:

      http://users.desupernet.com/halycon/music.html

      This is the most comprehensive list I've seen on the web, and is maintained
      by the same friend I mentioned above.