Monty Python and The Exeter Gig

  • Glen Cooper
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2001
      Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Not again!

      Hmm. I spent an entertaining weekend in Devon, with friends on a farm in the
      heart of 'Foot and Mouth Country' about 3 miles from that infamous little
      white calf.

      I got home Sunday evening (sketchy drive home) and checked me mail only to
      find that Hybrid had been allegedly playing in Exeter (one of my old haunts)
      on Saturday night, and I hadn't got the mail till Sunday so was COMPLETELY
      oblivious of this fact till I got home. And I was all of 25 miles from
      Exeter...Waaaaaaah!

      No fair. And we had a less than mediocre night out at 'Slinky' @ Creation in
      Bristol, a good 80 miles from where I was. FFS.. Even less fair. I can see
      Slinky where I live (Bournemouth) but don't go as its full of Cheesy kids.
      Booooooooooooo!

      Well. Enuff negativity peeps. I have attached a little .wav for all you
      Python nuts out there. I use it for my 'mail recieved' .wav as its rather
      fitting dontcha know...

      If anyone knows of any Hyb gigs in the South in the near future can they
      perleeeeeeeze let me know a bit sooner!

      the even more 'gutted'

      djTonge
    • propellerheadcase@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2001
        I thought it would probably be that one;-}

        Any one want my edited version of Worf doing the old "Captain,
        incoming message".wav?

        I also have an hilarious outtake from Dr. Who where Tom Baker swears
        at K9!

        ;-}A1{-:
        (Smiles all round)

        > Well. Enuff negativity peeps. I have attached a little .wav for all
        you
        > Python nuts out there. I use it for my 'mail recieved' .wav as its
        rather
        > fitting dontcha know...
        >
        > [[[ Ally says: I've actually saved it to the files section of the
        Yahoo Groups site. By the way, it's my new mail notification! Get it
        at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/files/ ]]]
      • Stu Bruise
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2001
          On 2 May 2001, at 3:23, Glen Cooper wrote:

          > Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Not again!
          >
          > Hmm. I spent an entertaining weekend in Devon, with friends on a farm
          > in the heart of 'Foot and Mouth Country' about 3 miles from that
          > infamous little white calf.

          Which, according to my sources within MAFF, was probably
          hidden by the farmer in his house for later media manipulation ;)

          > I got home Sunday evening (sketchy drive home) and checked me mail
          > only to find that Hybrid had been allegedly playing in Exeter (one of
          > my old haunts) on Saturday night, and I hadn't got the mail till
          > Sunday so was COMPLETELY oblivious of this fact till I got home. And I
          > was all of 25 miles from Exeter...Waaaaaaah!

          D'oh! No "allegedly" about it, though ;P

          > No fair. And we had a less than mediocre night out at 'Slinky' @
          > Creation in Bristol, a good 80 miles from where I was. FFS.. Even less
          > fair. I can see Slinky where I live (Bournemouth) but don't go as its
          > full of Cheesy kids. Booooooooooooo!

          "Boooo"? They've got a garage night running now? ;)

          > If anyone knows of any Hyb gigs in the South in the near future can
          > they perleeeeeeeze let me know a bit sooner!

          Better not make any plans for Friday 22nd June then -- Hybrid,
          Andy C, Bushwacka! and Jori Hulkkonen are playing at
          "Midsummer Night's Dream", a two-venue, one-ticket event at the
          Cavern and the Phoenix featuring "three arenas of top-class
          international DJ talent" :)

          ~~stu