Re: Morning Fawlty

  • propellerheadcase@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2001
      Beware the white rabbit!

      I'm being oppressed!

      Brave Sir Robin, running away, running away...
      No I'm not, No I'm not

      We are no longer the knights who say "Neek", we are the knights that
      say "Eké, eké, vedoing-ah-tui" and we want another shrubbery! A bit
      lower than the first, a nice split level effect, you know!

      ;-}

      A1

    • deekay@mail.dfu.de
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2001
        > Beware the white rabbit!
        >
        > I'm being oppressed!

        "See the violence inherent in the system!" (Gotta love that part! 8))
        http://www.montypython.net/grailmm.php

        > Brave Sir Robin, running away, running away...
        > No I'm not, No I'm not

        "When danger reared its ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled" ;-)

        ..the part about what he's not afraid of is also very funny:
        "He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,
        Or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken.
        To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away,
        And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin!
        His head smashed in and his heart cut out,
        And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged,
        And his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off, .."

        Get the full thing on http://www.montypython.net/scripts/bravesir.php3
        or, if you want the chords: http://www.neilinnes.org/chords/bravesir.htm

        Neil Innes rules! 8)

        DeeKay
      • stuart.bruce@aardman.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2001
          Neil Innes? Oh yeah, I met him once too, after a gig he did.

          And my CD collection has just topped 4000 CDs. I'd be very surprised if
          that's the largest collection on this list... is it?! I've only got about
          one hundred pieces of the black 12" stuff though.

          Stuart.

          --
          Stuart Bruce
          stuart.bruce@...
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2001
            >>I'm being oppressed!
            >
            >"See the violence inherent in the system!" (Gotta love that part! 8))

            Tsk, tsk - it's "now we see the violence inherent in the
            system!" and "come and see the violence inherent in the system!".
            Bloody peasants!
          • propellerheadcase@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2001
              4000? Damn! I'll have to try harder!