New to Hybrid

  • qazi@uwm.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
      Hi!

      I just subscribed to this mailing list. I'm in the US and have recently found out about Hybrid. I only have one of their remixes in my possession, and that is their remix of BT's "Godspeed". I plan on ordering the "Wide Angle" full-length album and the "If I Survive" CD single sometime this month - once I have enough spare money, because ordering UK import CDs is pretty darn expensive!

      A few questions...

      1. Have any of you heard of a special edition release of "Wide Angle" which features a second CD featuring live tracks? If so, how is this second CD?

      2. I listened to a Hybrid DJ set at www.ministryofsound.com and the first track they played was a remix of "So Pure" by Alanis Morrisette. The playlist did not state that this remix was done by Hybrid, but it sure *sounds* like a Hybrid remix. Do any of you in England know if this remix was officially released and if it is available on a CD single?

      3. Where can I find a list of Hybrid remixes? Other than the BT and Alanis remixes, I hear that Hybrid have also remixed "Bodyrock" (Moby) and "Summertime" (DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince). Any comments on these and any other remixes would be welcome!

      Thanks in advance,

      Aamir Qazi
      qazi@...
    • Vince H.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
        > I just subscribed to this mailing list. I'm in the US and have recently
        found out about Hybrid. I only have one of their remixes in my possession,
        and that is their remix of BT's "Godspeed". I plan on ordering the "Wide
        Angle" full-length album and the "If I Survive" CD single sometime this
        month - once I have enough spare money, because ordering UK import CDs is
        pretty darn expensive!

        Welcome aboard...this list is pretty quiet at the moment, as it has only
        been around for no more than a month or two, so don't worry about making too
        many contributions. :)

        > A few questions...
        >
        > 1. Have any of you heard of a special edition release of "Wide Angle"
        which features a second CD featuring live tracks? If so, how is this second
        CD?

        The Japanese version is the one you speak of. I don't have it, but a friend
        of mine says that it's highly worth the purchase.

        > 2. I listened to a Hybrid DJ set at www.ministryofsound.com and the first
        track they played was a remix of "So Pure" by Alanis Morrisette. The
        playlist did not state that this remix was done by Hybrid, but it sure
        *sounds* like a Hybrid remix. Do any of you in England know if this remix
        was officially released and if it is available on a CD single?

        I'm from the states, but there are, in fact, two or three Hybrid remixes of
        Alanis' singles out there. One of them was released as a white label promo
        (vinyl) only ("Your House"). The other is "So Pure," as you have already
        mentioned, and I don't think it's been released yet. (but it should!)

        > 3. Where can I find a list of Hybrid remixes? Other than the BT and
        Alanis remixes, I hear that Hybrid have also remixed "Bodyrock" (Moby) and
        "Summertime" (DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince). Any comments on these and any
        other remixes would be welcome!

        Check this website:

        http://users.desupernet.com/halycon/music.html

        This is the most comprehensive list I've seen on the web, and is maintained
        by the same friend I mentioned above.