Re: [Hybrid List] Full Album preview

  • Scott Moore
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2010
      Thanks for the link... slightly different than what I expected... and interesting as several of the songs, while listen, didn't really start out that well to me but as the song progressed my opinion completely changed... overall very excited about listening to this album over the next few months (I've already been killing "disappear here")

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
        Hmmmmmmmm....

        I'm on my second listen through.

        1st listen - wasn't sure, seemed to be lacking their usual personality. Very melancholy.

        2nd listen - liking it slightly more

        I'll listen some more, then will report back again :)

        Ally

        p.s. 'Hi' everyone!

        > Is here...
        >
        > http://www.ilike com/artist/ Hybrid/album/ Disappear+ Here
        >
        > Only made it through a few tracks so far, definatley liking it :)

      • Nordicwarcry
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
          On my first listen, I thought the same thing. Sounded quite good, but I was hoping for more of the sweeping dynamic cinematics they create with token symphonic compositions.

          The second listen is was growing a bit more. My dream to for them to create an album similar to Snyper (High Velocity Edit) styled rhythms that keeps the heart rate WAY up and my mind completely occupied.

          I'm certain the live output of these tracks will blow us away. I pray they come back to the US for a full tour again......

          1st listen - wasn't sure, seemed to be lacking their usual personality. Very melancholy.

          2nd listen - liking it slightly more

          I'll listen some more, then will report back again :)

          Ally

          p.s. 'Hi' everyone!

          > Is here...
          >
          > http://www.ilike com/artist/ Hybrid/album/ Disappear+ Here
          >
          > Only made it through a few tracks so far, definatley liking it :)

        • d66n
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
            You lurker you, Ally! Nice to see you and Rukes mentioned in the 'thanks' section of the CD sleeve. Also, if I'm not mistaken, noticed a lot of love going on between a certain two members of the group ;) Two alternate surnames used for one member... and the use of Michael rather than Mike - all very grown up ;) Shame the lyrics printed on the CD are unreadable.

            As for the album, I've listened to it numerous times and it is growing on me. Some I wasn't so sure about on first listening are now turning into favourites like Take a Fall and Disappear Here but Break My Soul is still IMHO the favourite....

            Cheers
            DavidN

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, HybridUK-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > Hmmmmmmmm....
            >
            > I'm on my second listen through.
            >
            > 1st listen - wasn't sure, seemed to be lacking their usual personality. Very melancholy.
            >
            > 2nd listen - liking it slightly more
            >
            > I'll listen some more, then will report back again :)
            >
            > Ally
            >
            > p.s. 'Hi' everyone!
            >

            > > Is here...
            > >
            > > http://www.ilike com/artist/ Hybrid/album/ Disappear+ Here
            > >
            > > Only made it through a few tracks so far, definatley liking it :)

          • hybrid_group
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 29, 2010
              Aye....I'm still here :)

              I don't get to check the list as often as I'd like to be honest, but I'm still around.

              In fact, I had a fit of activity last night. The Hybrid List now has a Facebook page and a Twitter Feed. Basically, any time something is posted here or updated on the Hybrid-Group.com website, it upates Facebook and Twitter.

              Be friends with the Hybrid List on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/HybridList

              Follow The Hybrid List on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/HybridList

              Enjoy :)