Re: Hybrid Remix Set - The Noughties

  • benjabrams
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 26, 2009
      Sorry to be an absolute pest (fifth post in a row - I'm sorry!)

      Just wanted to mention this site for those that dont already know

      http://www.breakbeatpolice.com/

      A very comprehensive discography containing links to digital releases etc. Even more essential now that the Hybrid-Group discography is gone. Andy Roberts and Chris Nigon (along with others) have done a great job on this site.

      There are some recent digital re-releases from the new Distinctive management of older Hybrid tracks/remixes featured on there too (Symphony - the original one, Fall Out Of Love etc) so make sure you grab those while you still can.

      Thanks, Ben

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "benjabrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone,
      >
      > bit of an eleventh hour Christmas present for you all.
      >
      > http://soundcloud.com/the-wizards-sleeve/hybrid-the-noughties
      >
      > Tracklist
      >
      > Hybrid - Lights Go Down Knives Come Out (Extended Mix) 2003
      > Planet Funk - Everyday (Hybrid's 1150 Mix) 2005
      > John Creamer & Stephane K - I Love You (Hybrid's Claustrophobic Remix) 2001
      > Satoshi Tomiie - Love in Traffic (Hybrid Remix) 2003
      > Long Range - Just One More (Hybrid Mix) 2008
      > Vernon's Wonderland - Vernon's Wonderland (Hybrid's Matrix Dub) 2001
      > Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea (Hybrid Remix) 2001
      > 2 Bad Mice - Bombscare (Hybrid Remix) 2000
      > Harry Gregson-Williams - Battle For Aslam How (Hybrid Remix) 2009?
      > Conjure One - Tears From The Moon (Hybrid Twisted On The Terrace Dub) 2002
      > Harry Gregson-Williams - Evacuating London (Hybrid Club Remix) 2005
      >

      > Hope you all have a good one,
      >
      > Ben

    • aerosiecki
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 26, 2009
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "benjabrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

        > A very comprehensive discography containing links to digital releases etc. Even more essential now that the Hybrid-Group discography is gone. Andy Roberts and Chris Nigon (along with others) have done a great job on this site.

        Huh. Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize the old discography has been taken down. Remember, though, that the internet archive will at least always have a copy as it existed Way Back when:

        http://web.archive.org/web/20080607114530/www.hybrid-group.com/discography.asp

        That's really too bad it's gone, it was super-handy.

        ][
      • Trent Saunders
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 27, 2009
          Hey man, Great remix set - nice mashups of tracks that never seem to have seen the light of 'un-mixed' day =)

        • Thomas Touzimsky
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2009
            Flashbacks and dance tracks! For those in a hurry, here's 10 years of electronic music all rolled into one mix of 11 minutes, a giant mashup of tracks, basslines, beats and vocals. The first to spot all 56 (!) tracks wins a bag of virtual cookies!

            http://soundcloud.com/c-row/dirty-beats-done-dirt-cheap-decade-of-dance-mix

            Each minute represents one year from 2000 to 2009. I tried to keep the years separated as good as possible, tough some tracks' single and album release differ from each other, and I happily used this exploit every now and then.

            Happy hunting! :)

            ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

            "No ice sold after 4 PM, especially 5 cent pieces." - Shop sign in Baltimore

          • Thomas Touzimsky