Re: [Hybrid List] Hybrid Mashup

  • Darrin Maunders
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 23, 2009
      I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)

      bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3

      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
        OMFG I am sooooooooooooooo excited now! That teaser video gets me horny :)

        Trent Saunders wrote:

        > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
        >
        > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
        > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the
        > making and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing
        > it together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a
        > worldwide release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
        >
        > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic
        > Orchestra for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we
        > worked with on our second LP. Below are some photos from the session
        > and a video clip of the recording.
        >
        > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our
        > sound, but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some
        > of the most exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips
        > of the new LP and a host of free downloads in the coming months so
        > watch this space....
        >
        > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
        >
        > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

        > http://vimeo.com/7326952 <http://vimeo.com/7326952>

      • Łukasz
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 1, 2009
          I don't think You should be worried about not getting any "dark 2001 adopted sound". The clip covers mostly an orchestra part recording session. The real thing is at the end. And with the solid female vocal plus the addictive natural live percussion rhythm the track gets very specific "hybrid-like" dark flavour. Or do You understand the "dark 2001 adopted sound" different? Any track title examples of that?

          Gitartist

          > Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
          > find that album title kinda silly.
          >
          > The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
          > hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
          > been done to death since then.
          >
          > - Dan
          >
          > > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
          > >

          > > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
          > > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
          > > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
          > > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
          > > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
          > >
          > > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
          > > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
          > > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
          > > the recording.
          > >
          > > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
          > > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
          > > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
          > > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
          > >
          > > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
          > >
          > > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

          > > http://vimeo.com/7326952

        • renholder24
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
            What was wrong with the direct [mp3] link
            <http://audioporncentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bynar_-_survivin\
            g_on_a_dream.mp3> ? :D

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

            > I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)
            >
            > bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3
            >
            > moshie61 wrote:
            > >

            > > came across an interesting little mash of;
            > >
            > > Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
            > > Hybrid - If I Survive
            > > UNKLE - Guns Blazing
            > >
            > > http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html

            <http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html>

          • RICHARD LUND
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
              anyone else think this song sounds familiar ...

              possibly a score cue recycled ?

              RICK

              To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
              From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
              Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:39:42 -0700
              Subject: RE: [Hybrid List] HYBRID: New album 'Disappear Here'

              I for one love the darker sounds, I like the emotional type Hybrid (Rise again, Immaculate, If I Just For today, Until Tomorrow etc...) gives me those chills!! Maybe I am a depressing person haha

            • moshie61
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                Yeah that is that too I just thought some people might like to hear it before they decided to download it...

                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                  Familiar in the hybrid sound kinda way...but no I havent heard that particular piece before...its certainly not from the 'scores' set of tracks but maybe from some of the score work that they have done for movies (I havent heard much of that)...have they done any score work for movies that is worth listening to outside of the context of a movie?