Re: [Hybrid List] Hybrid Mashup

  • Trent Saunders
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
      LOVE Empire of the sun!!!!! GO AUSSIES!!!!

    • Trent Saunders
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
        As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

      • BRIAN GROCE
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
          Hithere. I have tried MANY TIMES to get off of this website and I still keep getting these emails for Hybrid. PLEASE TAKE ME OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL. THANKS

          BRIAN

          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
          From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
          Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:30:28 -0700
          Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] Hybrid Mashup

          As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

        • Drew Ressler
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
            No. It's not like there are ways to unsubscribe at the bottom of every
            e-mail that's sent, that would be WAY too easy :P

            Thanks

            Drew Ressler
            http://www.rukes.com/
            #1 DJ Photographer in the USA
            :: Insomniac :: Giant :: Pioneer ::

            To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
              Oops- The BT rose of jericho vs Bjork hyperballad mashup LINK =P its Friday, My brain isn't switched on =D

              http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7vwp0
              Trent.

            • Darrin Maunders
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 23, 2009
                I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)

                bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3

                moshie61 wrote:

                > came across an interesting little mash of;
                >
                > Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
                > Hybrid - If I Survive
                > UNKLE - Guns Blazing
                >
                > http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html
                > <http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html>

              • moshie61
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 25, 2009
                  I reckon how cool is "we are the people" wonder if there are any good remixs of that

                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                    Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                    (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                    Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of the recording.

                    Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound, but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                    Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                    also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                    http://vimeo.com/7326952

                  • Darrin Maunders
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                      OMFG I am sooooooooooooooo excited now! That teaser video gets me horny :)

                    • dcraig@nmt.edu
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                        Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                        find that album title kinda silly.

                        The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                        hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                        been done to death since then.

                        - Dan

                        > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                        >

                        > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                        > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                        > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                        > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                        > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                        >
                        > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                        > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                        > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                        > the recording.
                        >
                        > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                        > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                        > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                        > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                        >
                        > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                        >
                        > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                        > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                      • Hybridesque ...
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                          Oh man, I cannot wait!

                          I've been way too quiet on here, maybe because I spend more time listening to Rock/Indie these days (plus haven't seen the boys for over a year, please guys.. get up north into Yorkshire/Lancashire and I'll make it there, hell or high water will not stop me!)

                          Hybrid still have that power over me. Just induces the most intense feelings and then the world suddenly feels slow.

                          Jitesh.

                          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                          From: dcraig@...
                          Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:32:34 -0600
                          Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] HYBRID: New album 'Disappear Here'

                          Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I

                          find that album title kinda silly.

                          The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really

                          hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's

                          been done to death since then.

                          - Dan

                          > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                          > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is

                          > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making

                          > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it

                          > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide

                          > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                          > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

                          > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on

                          > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of

                          > the recording.

                          > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,

                          > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most

                          > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP

                          > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                          > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                          > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                          > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                        • Trent Saunders
                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                            I for one love the darker sounds, I like the emotional type Hybrid (Rise again, Immaculate, If I Just For today, Until Tomorrow etc...) gives me those chills!! Maybe I am a depressing person haha

                          • Łukasz
                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 1, 2009
                              I don't think You should be worried about not getting any "dark 2001 adopted sound". The clip covers mostly an orchestra part recording session. The real thing is at the end. And with the solid female vocal plus the addictive natural live percussion rhythm the track gets very specific "hybrid-like" dark flavour. Or do You understand the "dark 2001 adopted sound" different? Any track title examples of that?

                              Gitartist

                              > Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                              > find that album title kinda silly.
                              >
                              > The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                              > hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                              > been done to death since then.
                              >
                              > - Dan
                              >
                              > > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                              > >

                              > > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                              > > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                              > > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                              > > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                              > > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                              > >
                              > > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                              > > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                              > > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                              > > the recording.
                              > >
                              > > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                              > > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                              > > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                              > > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                              > >
                              > > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                              > >
                              > > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                              > > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                            • renholder24
                              Message 14 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                What was wrong with the direct [mp3] link
                                <http://audioporncentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bynar_-_survivin\
                                g_on_a_dream.mp3> ? :D

                                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

                                > I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)
                                >
                                > bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3
                                >
                                > moshie61 wrote:
                                > >

                                > > came across an interesting little mash of;
                                > >
                                > > Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
                                > > Hybrid - If I Survive
                                > > UNKLE - Guns Blazing
                                > >
                                > > http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html

                                <http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html>

                              • RICHARD LUND
                                Message 15 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                  anyone else think this song sounds familiar ...

                                  possibly a score cue recycled ?

                                  RICK

                                  To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                                  Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:39:42 -0700

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                    Yeah that is that too I just thought some people might like to hear it before they decided to download it...

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                      Familiar in the hybrid sound kinda way...but no I havent heard that particular piece before...its certainly not from the 'scores' set of tracks but maybe from some of the score work that they have done for movies (I havent heard much of that)...have they done any score work for movies that is worth listening to outside of the context of a movie?