Re: My Formula of Fear Remix

  • nicolaj_sj
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 9, 2009
      Hmm.... Upload the track on youtube or something like that. Also, if you have any friends that can make DJ sets, ask them if they wanna play it ;)

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "michael141085" <msdbl@...> wrote:

      > How on earth am I gonna get them to listen to it though??
      >
      > I'm not after royalties... just a pat on the back would be nice!!
      >
      > What do you think?
      >

      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Georgy <gmarczin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > exactly. besides, Hybrid also do bootlegs and even sell them so if
      > > they like your remix, who knows... :))
      > >
      > > i wonder though if they ever payed the guy named fakeID for his
      > > Soulwax e-taling bootleg remix, that is the 1st half of the Hybrid
      > > bootleg remix/mashup.
      > > http://www.storage.to/get/0XOSgW6R/soulwax_e-talking(fakeID_mix).mp3
      > >

      > > On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM, James Warren<james@> wrote:
      > > > As long as you¹re not making money out if it, there¹s generally not a
      > > > problem. The reason the acapella¹s included in such packages is for people
      > > > to play around in their own remixes/mash-ups/dj tools.
      > > >
      > > > James

    • michael141085
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 9, 2009
        Yeah, not sure that's the right route for me but thanks.

        Seem to be having problems with babulous.com/controversialmike so if anyone want to have a listen, just let me know and i'll drop you the new link.

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nicolaj_sj" <nicolaj@...> wrote:

        > Hmm.... Upload the track on youtube or something like that. Also, if you have any friends that can make DJ sets, ask them if they wanna play it ;)
        >
        > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "michael141085" <msdbl@> wrote:
        > >
        > > How on earth am I gonna get them to listen to it though??
        > >
        > > I'm not after royalties... just a pat on the back would be nice!!
        > >
        > > What do you think?
        > >

        > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Georgy <gmarczin@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > exactly. besides, Hybrid also do bootlegs and even sell them so if
        > > > they like your remix, who knows... :))
        > > >
        > > > i wonder though if they ever payed the guy named fakeID for his
        > > > Soulwax e-taling bootleg remix, that is the 1st half of the Hybrid
        > > > bootleg remix/mashup.
        > > > http://www.storage.to/get/0XOSgW6R/soulwax_e-talking(fakeID_mix).mp3

      • Trent Saunders
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 10, 2009
          Nice work mate! Really like the minimal approach you took with your mix- works a treat. =) lovin' that B-line as well =P

        • michael141085
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 10, 2009
            thanks a lot! It appears my beloved babulous is back up and running

            It's pretty minimal regarding the number of instruments used... but I totally went to town on the fx. The orig acapella unfortunately isn't "dry" so i've had to work around/over the brilliant layered fx created. I've just re-edited the b-line and will have that available soon.

            I also have another remix in the making... something a little different.