Re: My Formula of Fear Remix

  • michael141085
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 9 3:59 AM
      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "cestlavie1997" <cestlavie1997@...> wrote:

      > Hi there mate! I am interested
      > in everything that has to do with Hybrid.So just show me what you have there.Cheers Telis.

      Cool!, would be interested to see what you think. Just want to make sure i'm not going to upset anyone or break any rules/laws before I upload?
    • James Warren
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 9 4:24 AM
        As long as you¹re not making money out if it, there¹s generally not a
        problem. The reason the acapella¹s included in such packages is for people
        to play around in their own remixes/mash-ups/dj tools.

        James

        On 09/07/2009 11:14, "michael141085" <msdbl@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Been a HUGE Hybrid fan for many years now and when I heard the Acapella of
        > Formula of Fear I couldn't resist getting straight to work on it. In fact, I
        > managed to avoid listening to the original until I had finished my attempt.
        > Unfortunately i'm not quite of the same skill level but it's some of the best
        > work I've done to date.
        >
        > Obvious problem I am facing is that I have no rights or permissions for the
        > lyrics and the last people I want to annoy is my favorite artists.
        >
        > So far the only people that have listened to it are a few mates and my mum
        > (who obviously gave it 5 stars lol). I'd like to get a few more listens, just
        > wanted to check the rules...
        >
        > Anyone interested? am I treading on thin ice? or has this already been
        > bootlegged to death?
        >
        > Cheers
        > ControversialMike

      • michael141085
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 9 5:09 AM
          Track is listed on my page www.babulous.com/controversialmike (no ads), and is called "Miles Away"

          I can upload it to sendspace etc if that is preferable?

          Certainly not made any money out of my music... or much else come to think of it, unless were talking EA's Lemonade Tycoon where i'm a squillionaire.

          Hope you like it... someones got to LOL

        • dcraig@nmt.edu
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 9 6:27 AM
            I like it better than any other version I've heard, even the original.

            > Track is listed on my page www.babulous.com/controversialmike (no ads),
            > and is called "Miles Away"
            >
            > I can upload it to sendspace etc if that is preferable?
            >
            > Certainly not made any money out of my music... or much else come to think
            > of it, unless were talking EA's Lemonade Tycoon where i'm a squillionaire.
            >
            > Hope you like it... someones got to LOL
            >

            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, James Warren <james@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> As long as you¹re not making money out if it, there¹s generally not a
            >> problem. The reason the acapella¹s included in such packages is for
            >> people
            >> to play around in their own remixes/mash-ups/dj tools.
            >>
            >> James
            >>

            >> On 09/07/2009 11:14, "michael141085" <msdbl@...> wrote:
            >>

            >> > Hi all,
            >> >
            >> > Been a HUGE Hybrid fan for many years now and when I heard the
            >> Acapella of
            >> > Formula of Fear I couldn't resist getting straight to work on it. In
            >> fact, I
            >> > managed to avoid listening to the original until I had finished my
            >> attempt.
            >> > Unfortunately i'm not quite of the same skill level but it's some of
            >> the best
            >> > work I've done to date.
            >> >
            >> > Obvious problem I am facing is that I have no rights or permissions
            >> for the
            >> > lyrics and the last people I want to annoy is my favorite artists.
            >> >
            >> > So far the only people that have listened to it are a few mates and my
            >> mum
            >> > (who obviously gave it 5 stars lol). I'd like to get a few more
            >> listens, just
            >> > wanted to check the rules...
            >> >
            >> > Anyone interested? am I treading on thin ice? or has this already been
            >> > bootlegged to death?
            >> >
            >> > Cheers
            >> > ControversialMike

          • michael141085
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 9 7:00 AM
              Sure you've got the right site? www.babulous.com/controversialmike?

              Really?

              > I like it better than any other version I've heard, even the original.
              >

              > > Track is listed on my page www.babulous.com/controversialmike (no ads),
              > > and is called "Miles Away"
              > >
              > > I can upload it to sendspace etc if that is preferable?
              > >
              > > Certainly not made any money out of my music... or much else come to think
              > > of it, unless were talking EA's Lemonade Tycoon where i'm a squillionaire.
              > >
              > > Hope you like it... someones got to LOL
              > >

              > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, James Warren <james@> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> As long as you¹re not making money out if it, there¹s generally not a
              > >> problem. The reason the acapella¹s included in such packages is for
              > >> people
              > >> to play around in their own remixes/mash-ups/dj tools.
              > >>
              > >> James

              > >> Acapella of
              > >> fact, I
              > >> attempt.
              > >> the best

              > >> for the

              > >> mum
              > >> listens, just

            • Georgy
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 9 9:00 AM
                exactly. besides, Hybrid also do bootlegs and even sell them so if
                they like your remix, who knows... :))

                i wonder though if they ever payed the guy named fakeID for his
                Soulwax e-taling bootleg remix, that is the 1st half of the Hybrid
                bootleg remix/mashup.
                http://www.storage.to/get/0XOSgW6R/soulwax_e-talking(fakeID_mix).mp3

                On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM, James Warren<james@...> wrote:
                > As long as you¹re not making money out if it, there¹s generally not a
                > problem. The reason the acapella¹s included in such packages is for people
                > to play around in their own remixes/mash-ups/dj tools.
                >
                > James
                >

                > On 09/07/2009 11:14, "michael141085" <msdbl@...> wrote:
                >

                >> Hi all,
                >>
                >> Been a HUGE Hybrid fan for many years now and when I heard the Acapella of
                >> Formula of Fear I couldn't resist getting straight to work on it. In fact, I
                >> managed to avoid listening to the original until I had finished my attempt.
                >> Unfortunately i'm not quite of the same skill level but it's some of the best
                >> work I've done to date.
                >>
                >> Obvious problem I am facing is that I have no rights or permissions for the
                >> lyrics and the last people I want to annoy is my favorite artists.
                >>
                >> So far the only people that have listened to it are a few mates and my mum
                >> (who obviously gave it 5 stars lol). I'd like to get a few more listens, just
                >> wanted to check the rules...
                >>
                >> Anyone interested? am I treading on thin ice? or has this already been
                >> bootlegged to death?
                >>
                >> Cheers
                >> ControversialMike

              • michael141085
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 9 10:35 AM
                  How on earth am I gonna get them to listen to it though??

                  I'm not after royalties... just a pat on the back would be nice!!

                  What do you think?

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Georgy <gmarczin@...> wrote:

                  > exactly. besides, Hybrid also do bootlegs and even sell them so if
                  > they like your remix, who knows... :))
                  >
                  > i wonder though if they ever payed the guy named fakeID for his
                  > Soulwax e-taling bootleg remix, that is the 1st half of the Hybrid
                  > bootleg remix/mashup.
                  > http://www.storage.to/get/0XOSgW6R/soulwax_e-talking(fakeID_mix).mp3
                  >

                  > On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM, James Warren<james@...> wrote:
                  > > As long as you¹re not making money out if it, there¹s generally not a
                  > > problem. The reason the acapella¹s included in such packages is for people
                  > > to play around in their own remixes/mash-ups/dj tools.
                  > >
                  > > James
                  > >

                  > > On 09/07/2009 11:14, "michael141085" <msdbl@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > >> Hi all,
                  > >>
                  > >> Been a HUGE Hybrid fan for many years now and when I heard the Acapella of
                  > >> Formula of Fear I couldn't resist getting straight to work on it. In fact, I
                  > >> managed to avoid listening to the original until I had finished my attempt.
                  > >> Unfortunately i'm not quite of the same skill level but it's some of the best
                  > >> work I've done to date.
                  > >>
                  > >> Obvious problem I am facing is that I have no rights or permissions for the
                  > >> lyrics and the last people I want to annoy is my favorite artists.
                  > >>
                  > >> So far the only people that have listened to it are a few mates and my mum
                  > >> (who obviously gave it 5 stars lol). I'd like to get a few more listens, just
                  > >> wanted to check the rules...
                  > >>
                  > >> Anyone interested? am I treading on thin ice? or has this already been
                  > >> bootlegged to death?
                  > >>
                  > >> Cheers
                  > >> ControversialMike

                • nicolaj_sj
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 9 2:49 PM
                    Hmm.... Upload the track on youtube or something like that. Also, if you have any friends that can make DJ sets, ask them if they wanna play it ;)

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "michael141085" <msdbl@...> wrote:

                    > How on earth am I gonna get them to listen to it though??
                    >
                    > I'm not after royalties... just a pat on the back would be nice!!
                    >
                    > What do you think?
                    >

                    > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Georgy <gmarczin@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > exactly. besides, Hybrid also do bootlegs and even sell them so if
                    > > they like your remix, who knows... :))
                    > >
                    > > i wonder though if they ever payed the guy named fakeID for his
                    > > Soulwax e-taling bootleg remix, that is the 1st half of the Hybrid
                    > > bootleg remix/mashup.
                    > > http://www.storage.to/get/0XOSgW6R/soulwax_e-talking(fakeID_mix).mp3
                    > >

                    > > On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM, James Warren<james@> wrote:
                    > > > As long as you¹re not making money out if it, there¹s generally not a
                    > > > problem. The reason the acapella¹s included in such packages is for people
                    > > > to play around in their own remixes/mash-ups/dj tools.
                    > > >
                    > > > James

                  • michael141085
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 9 4:53 PM
                      Yeah, not sure that's the right route for me but thanks.

                      Seem to be having problems with babulous.com/controversialmike so if anyone want to have a listen, just let me know and i'll drop you the new link.

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nicolaj_sj" <nicolaj@...> wrote:

                      > Hmm.... Upload the track on youtube or something like that. Also, if you have any friends that can make DJ sets, ask them if they wanna play it ;)
                      >
                      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "michael141085" <msdbl@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > How on earth am I gonna get them to listen to it though??
                      > >
                      > > I'm not after royalties... just a pat on the back would be nice!!
                      > >
                      > > What do you think?
                      > >

                      > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Georgy <gmarczin@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > exactly. besides, Hybrid also do bootlegs and even sell them so if
                      > > > they like your remix, who knows... :))
                      > > >
                      > > > i wonder though if they ever payed the guy named fakeID for his
                      > > > Soulwax e-taling bootleg remix, that is the 1st half of the Hybrid
                      > > > bootleg remix/mashup.
                      > > > http://www.storage.to/get/0XOSgW6R/soulwax_e-talking(fakeID_mix).mp3

                    • Trent Saunders
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 10 2:54 AM
                        Nice work mate! Really like the minimal approach you took with your mix- works a treat. =) lovin' that B-line as well =P

                      • michael141085
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 10 4:25 AM
                          thanks a lot! It appears my beloved babulous is back up and running

                          It's pretty minimal regarding the number of instruments used... but I totally went to town on the fx. The orig acapella unfortunately isn't "dry" so i've had to work around/over the brilliant layered fx created. I've just re-edited the b-line and will have that available soon.

                          I also have another remix in the making... something a little different.