Re: [Hybrid List] Difference b/w COMPLETE & FINISHED ... Message Of The Week

  • peter royal
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2009
      On May 27, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Drew Ressler wrote:
      > It's always been like this, it's just moderators have deleted the
      > spam.
      >
      > So it's either instant emails and lots of spam, or no spam and a bit
      > of a
      > delay in emails until people approve them....
      >
      > Anyone want to go back to moderator status? :)

      is the spam filter on?

      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/ownmod/email/email-30.html;_ylt=AthpFjGzh9Xgy3T7trvut7bplyR4

      also, i believe its possible to set up the group so that new members
      are initially moderated. when someone proves to be a non-spambot, they
      can be set to allow free posting.

      -pete

      (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://fotap.org/~osi

      Message 2 of 4 , May 27, 2009
        "Spamtards" - LOL :)

        Yes, as moderators we did used to delete a lot of spam (and tidy up people's loooooong reply emails).

        The spam filter is on, but it ain't great.

        I've been in China for a week and am now back, so I'll delete the spam, ban the members and switch on the 'moderate new members setting'

        Hope y'all well...

        Ally