RE: [Hybrid List] Difference b/w COMPLETE & FINISHED ... Message Of The Week

  • Drew Ressler
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27 12:41 PM
      It's always been like this, it's just moderators have deleted the spam.

      So it's either instant emails and lots of spam, or no spam and a bit of a
      delay in emails until people approve them....

      Anyone want to go back to moderator status? :)

      Drew Ressler
      http://www.rukes.com/
      #1 DJ Photographer in the USA
      :: Insomniac :: Giant :: Pioneer ::

      Message 2 of 4 , May 27 6:08 PM
        On May 27, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Drew Ressler wrote:
        > It's always been like this, it's just moderators have deleted the
        > spam.
        >
        > So it's either instant emails and lots of spam, or no spam and a bit
        > of a
        > delay in emails until people approve them....
        >
        > Anyone want to go back to moderator status? :)

        is the spam filter on?

        http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/ownmod/email/email-30.html;_ylt=AthpFjGzh9Xgy3T7trvut7bplyR4

        also, i believe its possible to set up the group so that new members
        are initially moderated. when someone proves to be a non-spambot, they
        can be set to allow free posting.

        -pete

        (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://fotap.org/~osi

        Message 3 of 4 , May 27 10:21 PM
          "Spamtards" - LOL :)

          Yes, as moderators we did used to delete a lot of spam (and tidy up people's loooooong reply emails).

          The spam filter is on, but it ain't great.

          I've been in China for a week and am now back, so I'll delete the spam, ban the members and switch on the 'moderate new members setting'

          Hope y'all well...

          Ally