Re: [Hybrid List] Re: Dogstar Instrumental

  • Simon Chilvers
    Message 1 of 30 , May 11, 2009
      We knew they were doing Wolverine for ages didn't we??

      I thought the music was pretty good. But I'd agree with your comment about
      the production values of the rest of the film. Some of the effects in places
      were more than shoddy... but that along with the seemingly gapping plot hole
      in Star Trek (another film I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend) is a topic for
      another forum.

      HGW seems to be working with Hybrid on most things he does, good
      relationship obviously.
      While watching the credits and waiting for the "hidden" end titles sequence
      that has become a norm with marvel films I did mention it to my mates in the
      cinema to take note who the "Additional Programming" under the music credits
      were to.

      Si

    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 30 , May 11, 2009
        Star Trek... I'm a bit of a lover of Star Trek. I didn't really want to see the film...but did anywhere and am so glad I did. I loved it! Totally didn't expect to :)

      • dcraig@nmt.edu
        Message 3 of 30 , May 11, 2009
          Why didn't you want to see it? I was totally looking forward to it and
          I'm pretty happy with it overall. I actually think it could have stood to
          be longer which is not usually my stance on movies.

          - Dan

          > Star Trek... I'm a bit of a lover of Star Trek. I didn't really want to
          > see the film...but did anywhere and am so glad I did. I loved it! Totally
          > didn't expect to :)

          >> Some of the effects in places
          >> were more than shoddy... but that along with the seemingly gapping plot
          >> hole
          >> in Star Trek (another film I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend) is a topic
          >> for
          >> another forum.

        • moshie61
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
            came across an interesting little mash of;

            Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
            Hybrid - If I Survive
            UNKLE - Guns Blazing

            http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html
          • Trent Saunders
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
              LOVE Empire of the sun!!!!! GO AUSSIES!!!!

            • Trent Saunders
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

              • BRIAN GROCE
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                  Hithere. I have tried MANY TIMES to get off of this website and I still keep getting these emails for Hybrid. PLEASE TAKE ME OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL. THANKS

                  BRIAN

                  To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                  From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                  Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:30:28 -0700
                  Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] Hybrid Mashup

                  As an add to this mashup post (and to further keep this list in motion as it has been for the last few days) here is an edit I did f Rose of jericho by BT and Hyperballad by Bjork. Turned out really well, especially the orchestral part. =) check it out and enjoy!

                • Drew Ressler
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                    No. It's not like there are ways to unsubscribe at the bottom of every
                    e-mail that's sent, that would be WAY too easy :P

                    Thanks

                    Drew Ressler
                    http://www.rukes.com/
                    #1 DJ Photographer in the USA
                    :: Insomniac :: Giant :: Pioneer ::

                    To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 22, 2009
                      Oops- The BT rose of jericho vs Bjork hyperballad mashup LINK =P its Friday, My brain isn't switched on =D

                      http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7vwp0
                      Trent.

                    • Darrin Maunders
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 23, 2009
                        I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)

                        bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3

                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 25, 2009
                          I reckon how cool is "we are the people" wonder if there are any good remixs of that

                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                            Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                            (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                            Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of the recording.

                            Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound, but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                            Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                            also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                            http://vimeo.com/7326952

                          • Darrin Maunders
                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 29, 2009
                              OMFG I am sooooooooooooooo excited now! That teaser video gets me horny :)

                            • dcraig@nmt.edu
                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                                find that album title kinda silly.

                                The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                                hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                                been done to death since then.

                                - Dan

                                > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                                >

                                > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                                > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                                > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                                > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                                > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                                >
                                > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                                > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                                > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                                > the recording.
                                >
                                > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                                > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                                > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                                > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                                >
                                > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                                >
                                > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                              • Hybridesque ...
                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                  Oh man, I cannot wait!

                                  I've been way too quiet on here, maybe because I spend more time listening to Rock/Indie these days (plus haven't seen the boys for over a year, please guys.. get up north into Yorkshire/Lancashire and I'll make it there, hell or high water will not stop me!)

                                  Hybrid still have that power over me. Just induces the most intense feelings and then the world suddenly feels slow.

                                  Jitesh.

                                  To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: dcraig@...
                                  Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:32:34 -0600
                                  Subject: Re: [Hybrid List] HYBRID: New album 'Disappear Here'

                                  Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I

                                  find that album title kinda silly.

                                  The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really

                                  hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's

                                  been done to death since then.

                                  - Dan

                                  > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)

                                  > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is

                                  > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making

                                  > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it

                                  > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide

                                  > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.

                                  > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

                                  > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on

                                  > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of

                                  > the recording.

                                  > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,

                                  > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most

                                  > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP

                                  > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....

                                  > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x

                                  > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                  > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                • Trent Saunders
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 30, 2009
                                    I for one love the darker sounds, I like the emotional type Hybrid (Rise again, Immaculate, If I Just For today, Until Tomorrow etc...) gives me those chills!! Maybe I am a depressing person haha

                                  • Łukasz
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Nov 1, 2009
                                      I don't think You should be worried about not getting any "dark 2001 adopted sound". The clip covers mostly an orchestra part recording session. The real thing is at the end. And with the solid female vocal plus the addictive natural live percussion rhythm the track gets very specific "hybrid-like" dark flavour. Or do You understand the "dark 2001 adopted sound" different? Any track title examples of that?

                                      Gitartist

                                      > Maybe it's my post birthday diabetic coma (and pure hatred for cold) but I
                                      > find that album title kinda silly.
                                      >
                                      > The strings in that video sound kind of interesting but I was really
                                      > hoping they'd ditch the "dark" sound they decided to adopt in 2001. It's
                                      > been done to death since then.
                                      >
                                      > - Dan
                                      >
                                      > > Its official, (Unless you haven't already heard)
                                      > >

                                      > > (From Hybrid's Myspace)We're very happy to announce that our new LP is
                                      > > finally finished and ready to be mastered. It's been 2 years in the making
                                      > > and we've been solidly in the studio since last summer piecing it
                                      > > together. The album is called Disappear Here and is set for a worldwide
                                      > > release in March/April next year on Distinctive Records.
                                      > >
                                      > > Recently we've been recording the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
                                      > > for the album under the watchful eye of Andrew Skeet who we worked with on
                                      > > our second LP. Below are some photos from the session and a video clip of
                                      > > the recording.
                                      > >
                                      > > Musically, we think this album isn't so much a departure from our sound,
                                      > > but a development and a fresh approach that has produced some of the most
                                      > > exciting music we've ever written. We'll be posting clips of the new LP
                                      > > and a host of free downloads in the coming months so watch this space....
                                      > >
                                      > > Mike, Chris & Charlotte.x
                                      > >
                                      > > also check out a vid recording of the Prague orchestral sessions here

                                      > > http://vimeo.com/7326952

                                    • renholder24
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                        What was wrong with the direct [mp3] link
                                        <http://audioporncentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bynar_-_survivin\
                                        g_on_a_dream.mp3> ? :D

                                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

                                        > I like! BTW DownloadHelper FTW. ;)
                                        >
                                        > bynar_-_surviving_on_a_dream.mp3
                                        >
                                        > moshie61 wrote:
                                        > >

                                        > > came across an interesting little mash of;
                                        > >
                                        > > Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
                                        > > Hybrid - If I Survive
                                        > > UNKLE - Guns Blazing
                                        > >
                                        > > http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html

                                        <http://audioporncentral.com/2009/07/bynar-surviving-on-a-dream.html>

                                      • RICHARD LUND
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
                                          anyone else think this song sounds familiar ...

                                          possibly a score cue recycled ?

                                          RICK

                                          To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: reallyknowyourenemy@...
                                          Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:39:42 -0700

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                            Yeah that is that too I just thought some people might like to hear it before they decided to download it...

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Nov 3, 2009
                                              Familiar in the hybrid sound kinda way...but no I havent heard that particular piece before...its certainly not from the 'scores' set of tracks but maybe from some of the score work that they have done for movies (I havent heard much of that)...have they done any score work for movies that is worth listening to outside of the context of a movie?